Windows 10: Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

Discus and support Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how to search out an answer to this issue, so here's the whole story. I got a new TV and connected it to my network via wifi, presumably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelPet Boarding, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

I don't know how to search out an answer to this issue, so here's the whole story.

I got a new TV and connected it to my network via wifi, presumably through my modem, since my PC doesn't have a wifi card as far as I know.

Suddenly like magic, a casting icon appeared at the bottom of Youtube videos on my PC, next to "settings". I could click on that icon and instantly play any video on my TV. It was fantastic, the best feature ever. So much better than accessing Youtube on my TV.

Then one day the icon stopped appearing. I went to the "cast" option in the Chrome browser. A message came up saying "no devices found".

I went into Windows 10 settings and looked up devices under the "Bluetooth and other devices" sub-heading. My TV and a few other devices are on the list, and they all say "Not connected". When I left-click on the TV name, the only option is "remove device". When I right click, nothing happens.

In case this has anything to do with miracast, I can confirm my System Information says "Miracast: Available, with HDCP". However, when I try the "connect" option in Windows action panel, it says "your PC doesn't support miracast".

The TV is connected to the network, and I can watch Youtube videos on it via its built-in menu.

Presumably Windows and my TV were "connected" before. I don't know why that's not the case now. How can I restore the connection?

:)

MichaelPet Boarding, Jun 19, 2019

2. Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

I don't know how to search out an answer to this issue, so here's the whole story.

I got a new TV and connected it to my network via wifi, presumably through my modem, since my PC doesn't have a wifi card as far as I know.

Suddenly like magic, a casting icon appeared at the bottom of Youtube videos on my PC, next to "settings". I could click on that icon and instantly play any video on my TV. It was fantastic, the best feature ever. So much better than accessing Youtube on
    my TV.

Then one day the icon stopped appearing. I went to the "cast" option in the Chrome browser. A message came up saying "no devices found".

I went into Windows 10 settings and looked up devices under the "Bluetooth and other devices" sub-heading. My TV and a few other devices are on the list, and they all say "Not connected". When I left-click on the TV name, the only option is "remove
    device". When I right click, nothing happens.

In case this has anything to do with miracast, I can confirm my System Information says "Miracast: Available, with HDCP". However, when I try the "connect" option in Windows action panel, it says "your PC doesn't support miracast".

The TV is connected to the network, and I can watch Youtube videos on it via its built-in menu.

Presumably Windows and my TV were "connected" before. I don't know why that's not the case now. How can I restore the connection?

MichaelPet Boarding, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

Hi MichaelPet,

I would recommend looking in your TV settings for the option to check for updates and update it. As it appears that your Google chrome has done an update to chrome that has stopped the cast working to your TV.

As long as your TV is connected to the same internet connection as the Computer then the cast should be seen . Clicking on the ... and then clicking on CAST. It will show whats available on your network.

Thanks

Julian - Independent advisor

jwilliams786, Jun 27, 2019
  4. AntJac Win User

Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

Cast to TV stopped working

I have a Hisense TV and i am unable to cast to my TV on latest build.

Casting from phone and via Plex works fine

AntJac, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped.

1. Casting Youtube from my PC to my TV was working fine, then stopped. - Similar Threads - Casting Youtube was

2. PC to TV cast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC to TV cast: Win11 Pro v10.0.2200 Build 22000Dell Optiplex 7000 Drivers/Bios udated via Tag# as of todayJust come outr of eye surgery, and despite multi monitors extended desktop 2x23" and increasing various win text and other settings still have major difficulty.Looked at Cast to LG 55"...
  3. PC to TV cast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC to TV cast: Win11 Pro v10.0.2200 Build 22000Dell Optiplex 7000 Drivers/Bios udated via Tag# as of todayJust come outr of eye surgery, and despite multi monitors extended desktop 2x23" and increasing various win text and other settings still have major difficulty.Looked at Cast to LG 55"...
  4. Why is my pc casting to my tv but no image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc casting to my tv but no image?: I Have a Samsung TU7000 Crystal UHD 55 inch and recently I wanted to cast my pc to it which both pc and tv support. The casting will connect to the tv just fine but will NOT show an actual image on the tv. The screen is black and when I move the mouse that is all I can see,...
  5. Why is my pc casting to my tv but no image?

Why is my pc casting to my tv but no image?: I Have a Samsung TU7000 Crystal UHD 55 inch and recently I wanted to cast my pc to it which both pc and tv support. The casting will connect to the tv just fine but will NOT show an actual image on the tv. The screen is black and when I move the mouse that is all I can see,...
  6. Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "cast" stopped finding my Smart TV: Interesting. I had never casted anything before. So Friday night pressed the windows logo and K, and Windows found my Roku TV and I watched a movie from one of the website I frequent. I fell asleep and the next morning, windows couldn't find my TV. What happened? I literally...
  7. casting to Roku TV stopped working

casting to Roku TV stopped working: My laptop and Tv stopped working well together. Everything worked fine until it just did not. So I updated my laptop to Windows 11 hoping to solve maybe a driver issue after going through many many suggested internet trouble shotting solutions like media player permissions...
  8. casting to Roku TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    casting to Roku TV stopped working: My laptop and Tv stopped working well together. Everything worked fine until it just did not. So I updated my laptop to Windows 11 hoping to solve maybe a driver issue after going through many many suggested internet trouble shotting solutions like media player permissions...
  9. How to cast YouTube videos from PCn to TV?

How to cast YouTube videos from PCn to TV?: How to cast YouTube videos from PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cast-youtube-videos-from-pcn-to-tv/d77cf845-800e-49d3-a6ef-6cf5e25392c7
  10. Cast to TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop stopped casting youtube