Windows 10: casting

Discus and support casting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; cast using chromecast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting/5a0359d9-0f48-4516-90c4-f0bf858a885f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesOlivares, Aug 25, 2019.

1. casting

cast using chromecast

:)

JamesOlivares, Aug 25, 2019
  2. JAO913 Win User

Windows Media Player 12 Not Casting

Hello. I have the same problem as the original poster. I am able to cast individual songs to Marantz receiver, but I cannot cast playlists.

Here are some additional details. I have Windows 10 and WMP12.

To cast a song in WMP12 I do the following:

1. right click song

2. select "Cast to Device"

3. select Marantz receiver (I have other device which also appear on list of options to cast to)

When I right click a playlist, and select "Cast to Device", the only option that comes up is "Cast to Device". In other words, "cast to device" appears a second time, none of my devices appear as in step 3 above when only trying to cast an individual song.

I also, after applying the suggest resolutions noted in the posts above, I tried creating a new test playlist, but I couldn't cast that playlist either.

Are there any additional steps I can take to resolve this?

Thank you.

JAO913, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Cast to device not working in Windows 10 after upgrade from 8.1

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you using Edge browser to cast the videos?
    • Is it specific to Edge browser?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Edge browser and access the video which you want to cast to your TV.
    • Click on the Share icon on the top right hand corner of the browser.
    • Among the listed devices select your device and check if you're able to cast the video.

Hope this helps and please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Jeddie Win User

casting

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

casting

1. casting - Similar Threads - casting

2. Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?: My firewall shows cast to device serval times? Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cast-to-device-show-up-several-times-in/749c8c8b-5405-4d8b-a34c-a4b0a778c453
  3. Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Cast to Device show up several times in firewall on both public and private domains?: My firewall shows cast to device serval times? Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cast-to-device-show-up-several-times-in/749c8c8b-5405-4d8b-a34c-a4b0a778c453
  4. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  5. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?: I want to associate audio files, such as .mp3 and .wav with Cast to Device app. in other words, to make Cast to Device the default audio output.The volume and sound quality is higher when using Cast to Device, than Line Out cable connection.I could Cast to Device files with a...
  6. How to make Cast to Device the default Audio Output? Location of Cast to Device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Screen Cast to Samsung Q series TVs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Cast to Samsung Q series TVs.: I have Samsung Q9 and Q90 Televisions and neither are discoverable by my Windows 11 laptop. Samsung have recently updated the firmware on these TV's but refuse to admit it is their problem and are certainly not willing to do anything about it. Other TV's in the house Samsung,...
  8. Screen Cast to Samsung Q series TVs.

Screen Cast to Samsung Q series TVs.: I have Samsung Q9 and Q90 Televisions and neither are discoverable by my Windows 11 laptop. Samsung have recently updated the firmware on these TV's but refuse to admit it is their problem and are certainly not willing to do anything about it. Other TV's in the house Samsung,...
  9. Not able to screen cast to other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to screen cast to other devices: My device supports miracast as per DxDiag. I have AMD GPU, already installed the latest driver, also updated the windows to latest version. on casting setting it is still showing that my device does not support miracast.Previously it used to work fine....
  10. Not able to screen cast to other devices

Not able to screen cast to other devices: My device supports miracast as per DxDiag. I have AMD GPU, already installed the latest driver, also updated the windows to latest version. on casting setting it is still showing that my device does not support miracast.Previously it used to work fine....