Windows 10: Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function

Discus and support Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I used to be able to use the Print Screen function by pressing the Windows and Print Screen keys at the same time. Now pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cat Victim, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function

In Windows 10, I used to be able to use the Print Screen function by pressing the Windows and Print Screen keys at the same time. Now pressing the Windows key just toggles to a different screen. This is my cat's fault!

:)

Cat Victim, Jul 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Somewhere along the way I lost my context menu print function

Hi, have you ever used any tool such as Shellexview (free) to disable context menu entries?

Try downloading and installing and running that and see if you see a list of entries listed as disabled.

Print is a default Windows item, so if lost suggests some sort of corruption may have occurred.

As a matter of course, try running
    chkdsk c: /scan
    and then if ok
    SFC /SCANNOW
    - both from an admin command or powershell prompt and post the result.

What is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver

dalchina, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Restoring Print Screen Function in Windows 10

I used to be able to press the Windows Key and the Print Screen Key simultaneously to take a screenshot.

Now when I press the Windows Key it just switches my screen to the Windows Desk Top--the one with all the Apps on it.

I'm thinking this has something to do with my cat who likes to sit on the function keys and messes everything up!

Cat Victim, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function

logitech K400 plus keyboard [print screen] function inoperable

its still a mystery why i cant use print screen even after go through all other steps. so for now, ill have to use my pc's main keyboard to take screenshot. why i have second keyboard, dont ask lol. see, in snipping shot these keys dont work to take screenshot

Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function

1. Cat Disabled My Print Screen/Windows Function - Similar Threads - Cat Disabled Print

2. finger print not function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print not function: hi everyonedoes anyone experiences the fingerprint is not functioning and state that the function is unavailable. I have to keep in my password if I want to enter the window..pls help...
  3. finger print not function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print not function: hi everyonedoes anyone experiences the fingerprint is not functioning and state that the function is unavailable. I have to keep in my password if I want to enter the window..pls help...
  4. my cat died

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my cat died: how to resurrect ded cot?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-cat-died/c46c16ad-42c7-4b8b-bce9-3a1b1295d8c4
  5. Touch Screen Functions disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  6. print screen function not working

print screen function not working: Dear Sir/Mdm: My print screen key isn't working. Can you give me a solution? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-function-not-working/2f67a582-8bf1-4d63-96e7-8c650d63d088
  7. Print Screen function

Print Screen function: Why do the developers bother to include a print screen option, when the resolution is so low the print is useless. And no, do not blame my video card or monitor, that blame-shifting was old 35 years ago already. The Snipping tool is not much better but at least I van more...
  8. Restoring Print Screen Function in Windows 10

Restoring Print Screen Function in Windows 10: I used to be able to press the Windows Key and the Print Screen Key simultaneously to take a screenshot. Now when I press the Windows Key it just switches my screen to the Windows Desk Top--the one with all the Apps on it. I'm thinking this has something to do with my cat...
  9. cats

in Cortana
    cats: my cat has moved into her litter box, only comes out to eat and for me to clean the box, why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cats/18bf4545-5c93-4b30-8114-651cba2f561c"
  10. Print Screen Function Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Screen Function Disappeared: I rebuilt my laptop with a new SSD drive but I am no longer able to use the print screen function. I deleted and reinstalled the HP Officejet 8600 software but this did not make any difference. Any thoughts on what I can do next? I did run the MS hardware/software...