Windows 10: Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

Discus and support Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-( in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP 13" Spectre X360 laptop 16g ram. Audio out of 3.5mm jack to powered speakers. Same problem going to 2 extra monitors HDMI Splitter to 29" LG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamElad, Oct 18, 2019.

1. SamElad Win User

Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

HP 13" Spectre X360 laptop 16g ram. Audio out of 3.5mm jack to powered speakers. Same problem going to 2 extra monitors HDMI Splitter to 29" LG UltraWide and 34"Curved Samsung monitors. I can get audio through them too under hdmi.

She walked across my keyboard and no longer I do not get the beeps on pressing the cap lock key.
    Yes, its turned on in 'Ease Of Access' settings. Gone through the setting and I also found out the Narrator also does not talk to me anymore (GOOD > not that I care about that).
    Fn 6 if I recall use to turn on n' off the beeps Now it brings up my BRAVE Brower sound level or highlights address bar on firefox. Weird! The other Fn keys work fine. Been googling for answers and nothing helps.
    Gone through my sound setting, sound from browser are ok, windows startup sound works, just the notifications like cap locks (this laptop does not have a NumLock button)
    She had to hit some combo keys to kill it.
    I can't eat a diet chocolate fudge bar with her jumping up begging and sitting on the keyboard in my face. So, I just can't figure this one out how she did this as it was working till yesterday :-(
    She has knocked it out before, but I have not figured this one out.

:)

SamElad, Oct 18, 2019

2. cap lock sound

how do you shut off the CAP lock beep? It's been turned off in settings, but continues to beep! Very annoying!

ToniCooper, Oct 18, 2019
  3. How to turn off beeping sound on num lock

OT- Num Lock Beep Sound

Hi

Yesterday I was seeing my settings and there i found Toggle Key Option which enables the sound when Caps lock key or Num lock key is pressed, then i enabled it and checked after that i Disabled it again. Today when i pressed num lock key i found that beep
    sound is still on and the toggle key is disabled. Caps Lock key not making any sound only Num Lock key is making beep sound. I tried to enable it again and disable but then also it is making that beep sound and I found that number pad is also not working.

If there is any solution for this then please provide me in the comment section.

Thank You...

JeetTrivedi, Oct 18, 2019
  4. MRushing Win User

Cap lock beep

In previous Windows version, under 'Accessibility', 'Keyboard', there was an option to add an alerting beep if the Caps Lock or Num Lock key was pushed. I cannot find the equivalent feature in Win 10. Please direct me to the correct method to enable 'Toggle
    Keys' in Win 10.

J. Rushing

MRushing, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-( - Similar Threads - Cat killed CAP

2. New computer - no beep on caps lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer - no beep on caps lock: I have been using the caps lock sound in Windows 10, on an old computer. I just bought a new Dell windows 11 computer. Dell has been unable to help enable this setting. They say it is not a hardware problem and explain that it is a windows problem. Very rarely I will get the...
  3. New computer - no beep on caps lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer - no beep on caps lock: I have been using the caps lock sound in Windows 10, on an old computer. I just bought a new Dell windows 11 computer. Dell has been unable to help enable this setting. They say it is not a hardware problem and explain that it is a windows problem. Very rarely I will get the...
  4. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  5. Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disappearing Caps & Num Lock Sound.: Greetings, My laptop is the Asus TUF FA506IU-AL130T. It has a strange problem in that when I plug in and then unplug headpnones, the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys sound stops working. It has been like that since new. A couple of months after I bought it, the Motherboard was...
  6. no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on

no beep sound when I press caps lock num lock but toggle keys are turned on: Toggle keys but sill i'm not getting beep sound when I press caps or num lock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-beep-sound-when-i-press-caps-lock-num-lock-but/38cb5f06-8dc3-4d14-8f1e-827fcd667585
  7. Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.

Caps Lock Has Lost Its Beep.: I have just realised that my Caps Lock and Num Lock have lost their beep. This is annoying because I rely on this sound to tell me when I have accidently hit Caps Lock. I have been to Settings / Ease of Access / Keyboard / Toggle Keys and Play Sound is On. So does anyone have...
  8. Caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock sound: I am playing minecraft and when i press caps lock and 2 other keys, it makes a beep. i have disabled sticky keys, toggle keys and all of those options. i cant find anyone with this problem. this is a new laptop and all the drivers and everything is updated. i cant find any...
  9. No sound indication on cap lock.

No sound indication on cap lock.: Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer. The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button. I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone. This also applys to the...
  10. No caps lock sound

in Windows 10 Support
    No caps lock sound: Windows 10 Dell xps13 Please read: In Settings>Ease of Access>Keyboard>Toggle Keys>"Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock" it is *RolleyesON*Shock I have had Caps Lock play a sound since day one of this laptop. It did work for awhile but it...