Windows 10: Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?

Discus and support Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all... I recently moved into a new place--a "Granny Flat" behind my landlord's residence. Internet service is included (huge benefit) but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SmartGuyDumbPC, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?

Hey all...

I recently moved into a new place--a "Granny Flat" behind my landlord's residence. Internet service is included (huge benefit) but it's included via her modem/router's WiFi. The signal quality is alright--it's not great, it's not horrible--but in a nutshell, I had forgotten why I generally HATE WiFi: it's just slow.

I had a Netgear extender already in my bag of tricks that I'm using which has boosted the signal tremendously, but it's still slow.

My place is close enough to the landlord's that it would be fairly simple to run a conduit across the yard and fish a cable through it, connecting my PC directly, leaving other devices (IoT stuff, phone, etc.) using WiFi.

My question is simply regarding the feasibility of the run. I'm guessing the actual distance is >60ft but I've already got a 100' Cat5 Ethernet Cable so I'll use that if possible, and obviously before going to the trouble of digging a trench and going through walls I'll test it by running the cable out the windows or something similar. This all seems pretty straightforward to me, which is usually a sign, in my world, that I've overlooked something critically important. Is anyone out there jumping up and down, screaming, "NOOOOO! Don't do it, you dork!?"

Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS? [​IMG]

:)

SmartGuyDumbPC, Apr 26, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User
    NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Remove PUP application from DVD Drive (FCat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS? :) CDROM

Unfortunately, that's how Disk Clean ends.

If you want to check - run it again to see if there's is anything to clean (look at the size on items in the list - small size means only a bit has accumulated since the last run - large means something wasn't cleaned)
    Disk Clean / extended goes deep, that's why I suggested that you run it first.

I'd say just move on to the next step: cCleaner, since you're in the cleaning phase.

Ok, onward and upward!

Slartybart, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?

How to extend OS drive volume in Windows 10.?

, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

I want to extend so your answer is really frustrating ans. I want to extend so why should i shrink and select extend? Extend option is already Dim or unavailable?

Amjad Ali (amjad.ali), Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS?

1. Cat5 Extended Run - Is it as EASY as THIS? - Similar Threads - Cat5 Extended Run

2. Driver easy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver easy: Everyone claims its free and safe, but when i download it, it tries to make me pay to update my drivers. Why are all of you lying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-easy/2383568a-4f41-4cd6-88de-be1138242da9
  3. Driver easy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver easy: Everyone claims its free and safe, but when i download it, it tries to make me pay to update my drivers. Why are all of you lying? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-easy/2383568a-4f41-4cd6-88de-be1138242da9
  4. Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is It Possible To Attach CAT5E RJ45 Connectors to Flat CAT7 Cable?: Hi - I am trying to sort out my son's network cabling in a new extension to his property. He bought a 50mtr roll of Flat CAT7 cable which had what looked like gold-plated RJ45 connectors on each end. During the laying of the cable, from his router in another room, he cut them...
  5. 4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB

4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB: Hello all. Sorry that this is some what more of a hardware question, but I have 4 USB devices in a utility room that have the ability to be tied into a PC to monitor their actives and logs, but as I don’t want to keep a dedicated PC in that room just for that I was looking...
  6. My wired network connection (CAT5) disappeared?

My wired network connection (CAT5) disappeared?: I'm downsizing and I'm using a Surface Pro 4/Win10 Pro as my workhorse. At my desk, I use it with a Tripp-Lite powerbar to give me an AC connection, a hard-wired LAN connection, and extra USB ports. Off my desk, I use the surface keyboard and mouse and a wireless LAN...
  7. Question about Cat5E cable

Question about Cat5E cable: Hi all I have two cat5E cables one of them works on all three devices I have laptop, PS3, and streaming Box. The other one works on laptop only. What are the reason that the other cable doesn't work on PS3 and streaming box. 121079
  8. Network extender that plugs into wired (cat5e) outlet?

Network extender that plugs into wired (cat5e) outlet?: I've been researching wifi extenders. I've seen many that plug into wall outlets. Our house has cat 5e cable access throughout, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if wifi extenders exist that can be plugged into a cat 5e access in the same manner as those made for wall...
  9. Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run

in Windows 10 News
    Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run: Adobe Flash has been an integral part of the web for decades, enabling rich content and animations in browsers since before HTML5 was introduced. In modern browsers, web standards pioneered by Microsoft, Adobe, Google, Apple, Mozilla, and many others are now enabling sites to...
  10. Marmalade makes it easy to create games that run cross-platform

in Windows 10 News
    Marmalade makes it easy to create games that run cross-platform: At //build 2016, developers were shown how to create cross-platform games for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 using Visual Studio and the Marmalade Platform, the leading cross-platform solution for game developers. Developers can write code once and deploy it to many types of...