Windows 10: catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?

Discus and support catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I worked on a lengthy document all day yesterday. After storing it, I went back into it and the five most recently typed pages were missing. I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mickey L-316, Mar 26, 2020.

1. catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?

I worked on a lengthy document all day yesterday. After storing it, I went back into it and the five most recently typed pages were missing. I had a red X on my list of locations and when I clicked on it, it said "Catastrophic error." I'm in a panic trying to find my missing page!

:)

Mickey L-316, Mar 26, 2020

2. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Mar 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Failed to Create Volume Snapshot Macrium Error 0x8004230f VSS Error

Hi, you might try this:
    Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) Troubleshooting

or the free cautious repair tool
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    - observing the steps and using only the relevant repairs

More:
    How to Fix VSS Errors Step-by-Step

Otherwise I suggest- assuming your disk and file system are sound-
    an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps all progs, data and most settings

You need an iso of the same base language and build- freely downloadable.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2020
  4. catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?

Catastrophic Error

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform a DISM Tool and check if it resolved the issue.

Run DISM Tool

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Check if it resolves the issue. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair?

1. catastrophic error -- 5 Pages lost! How to repair? - Similar Threads - catastrophic error Pages

2. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  3. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  4. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  6. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  7. Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF": Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF" Error MessageWhen I try to open a new folder I get this errorthen I tried to copy a file and got this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-failure-error-0x8000ffff/8e237cdb-1aad-4918-9795-cf1f72dd160b
  8. Catastrophic update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic update !: Two days ago my Windows 10 updated automatically and removed all my personal pictures as well as an amount of data. How can I recover these missing files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-update/d0880437-ad74-46f8-a7de-c71a18f38953
  9. Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Catastrophic Error: Is there any way to restore my lost files?: Hi there, I currently reached my maximum space on my Samsung Galaxy Light Android phone's 16GB mini SD card so, I hooked it up to my computer to transfer and organize my files (mainly pictures) to make space in my phone. So, I was successfully cutting and pasting my files...
  10. How to recover from a "Catastrophic Error"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover from a "Catastrophic Error"?: Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum, but I will try to be brief. I downloaded and installed Windows 10, no problems. I also updated with all current updates. I only have a few things installed as I built this computer with Win 8.1 and then got the free Upgrade. I have:...