Windows 10: Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.

Discus and support Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to uninstall a PC game, Europa Universalis III off of my desktop computer, which uses Windows 10 for its operating system. However, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew077, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Andrew077 Win User

Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.

I am trying to uninstall a PC game, Europa Universalis III off of my desktop computer, which uses Windows 10 for its operating system.

However, I get a pop up error message preventing me from uninstalling. Here is a screenshot, showing the error message that occurs.

Any help with this technical issue, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program. 19261be6-23d0-463f-a845-752ea975ec14?upload=true.png

:)

Andrew077, Apr 26, 2020

2. TRIXX error message on loading

Got a bluescreen on a bad Cpu overclock that corrupted the video drivers, so I uninstalled and re-installed all the AMD CCC pkg. Now when I try to activate TRIXX, I get the following error message: "Could not create driver file (C:\Program Files (X86)\Sapphire TRIXX\|\Temp\\TRIXX.sys contains an incorrect path )".

Worked fine before the bluescreen. uninstalled and re-installed the 4 latest versions, including the 4.0 that was working. One thing for sure, there isn't a TRIXX.sys file anywhere in the computer.

Installed msi afterburner to see if it worked, and it did. (then uninstalled it)

(see my system specs for details)

Anybody got a suggestion ??

Thanks-

AngryChief, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Uninstalling a Program

Hi Brandon,

It is possible that you're unable to uninstall and reinstall a program, is due to corrupted system file. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • What program are you trying to uninstall?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.

1. Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program. - Similar Threads - Catastrophic error message

2. Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access: Hi all, I use some folders in my quick access quite regularly, but the folders suddenly disappeared from my Quick Access. Now, when I try to pin a folder to my Quick Access I get an error message saying 'catastrophic failure'. I've restarted my laptop which did not help the...
  3. Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Catastrophic failure error message when pinning folders to Quick Access: Hi all, I use some folders in my quick access quite regularly, but the folders suddenly disappeared from my Quick Access. Now, when I try to pin a folder to my Quick Access I get an error message saying 'catastrophic failure'. I've restarted my laptop which did not help the...
  4. RE: Error Message 0X80073D23 when trying to uninstall certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE: Error Message 0X80073D23 when trying to uninstall certain apps: I have several apps such as Minecraft, Microsoft Health, and a few others that are taking up space on my computer. I click on the uninstall button under settings app, and receive this error message 0X80073D23 that this cannot be uninstalled at the moment. Try back later!...
  5. I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.: Recently I was uninstalling a lot of video game-related things like Steam, Origin, etc. I have a different computer I use for games now. As I was trying to uninstall one of them, I think something glitched because now nothing I try and uninstall will uninstall anymore. It...
  6. error message when trying to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when trying to print: Hello, Yesterday morning, I printed a document on my Canon 5751 totally all right. When I went to print another document in the afternoon, so o switching off inbetween, I got the error message 0x8007007e, whether printing onto cutepdf or the printer. Nothing works. Can...
  7. Error message when trying to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message when trying to scan: I am getting on my Samsung Xpress C1860 Printer/Fax/Scanner an "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again, if it does not help,please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up". However, I've tried this and it...
  8. Uninstalling Program error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Program error: Hopefully I can explain this properly. Also, I recognize there were many dumb decisions on my part through this whole ordeal. I needed to find a driver for a MIDI device that I wanted to use on my pc. the MIDI device is old and it required a product key in order to use....
  9. Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs: When I try to do anything such as install something from adobes, uninstall anything or just try and open a game sometimes, my computer pops up an error saying the file location of what I am doing then "A device attached to the system is not functioning." The only things I...
  10. Error message when trying to open programs...The instruction at ........ referenced memory...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message when trying to open programs...The instruction at ........ referenced memory...: Recently trying to open Word or many other programs results in the error message shown in title. I spent a lot of time searching the web including this site lookin for a solution. I've had no success. Just prior to this problem I've been dealing with an email problem. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo error message we cant get sign you in on this device