Windows 10: Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...

Discus and support Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to download Minecraft: Education Edition but everytime it reaches 3% I get the the error. Keep in mind I am on a school laptop and do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wowowEpicGamer123, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...

I'm trying to download Minecraft: Education Edition but everytime it reaches 3% I get the the error. Keep in mind I am on a school laptop and do not have access to the Microsoft store or commands.

:)

wowowEpicGamer123, Oct 23, 2019

2. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon and I have no idea why and it happens when it reaches 8%. I'm also using a school laptop so I don't have admin access.

felipefelupa, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...

Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

I'm downloading from the Minecraft Education Edition website and when the installer for the app pops up it has the error

felipefelupa, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...

1. Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does... - Similar Threads - Catastrophic Failure 0x8000ffff

2. Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...: Tired of the Minecraft installation issues - again... Unfortunately my son loves the game, but I personally will stay away from any Microsoft software as much as possible... I've NEVER had so many and so frequent issues with any other software... :/ And I'm not a total IT...
  3. Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Education Edition dissapeared, when trying new installation getting error "File...: Tired of the Minecraft installation issues - again... Unfortunately my son loves the game, but I personally will stay away from any Microsoft software as much as possible... I've NEVER had so many and so frequent issues with any other software... :/ And I'm not a total IT...
  4. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  5. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  6. Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF": Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF" Error MessageWhen I try to open a new folder I get this errorthen I tried to copy a file and got this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-failure-error-0x8000ffff/8e237cdb-1aad-4918-9795-cf1f72dd160b
  7. Ethernet port bind failed: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet port bind failed: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF: So, I am new to Windows, Windows 10, and Hyper-V. The goal is to enable internet connectivity for the newly created Linux VM, using RedHat version 9. Once I start the machine, and I want to test the internet connectivity, and attempt a "ping" ping 1.1.1.1 The response...
  8. Catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff when trying to install .net framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff when trying to install .net framework 3.5: Hello, I am stuck on build 1803, I recently downloaded an app which requires .net framework to be installed, I haven't it installed so when launching the app a an app on your pc need .net framework window appears, when clicking the download and install button an error code of...
  9. How to install Minecraft Education Edition?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to install Minecraft Education Edition?: Please help me to install Minecraft Education Edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-minecraft-education-edition/44280338-0aef-48de-8975-c652fa1cd985"
  10. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon: Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon and I have no idea why and it happens when it reaches 8%. I'm also using a school laptop so I don't have admin access....
Tags: