Windows 10: Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

Discus and support Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon and I have no idea why and it happens when it reaches 8%. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by felipefelupa, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon and I have no idea why and it happens when it reaches 8%. I'm also using a school laptop so I don't have admin access.

:)

felipefelupa, Feb 26, 2019

2. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10: 0X8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure

On connecting my external hard drive whenever i am trying to create a new folder or even trying to copy or move any file from my pc to my external hard drive i am getting an error message of 0X8000FFF Catastrophic Failure. Please suggest me a solution
    as what should i do now.

RishabMehrotra, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

External hard drive error. catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff

Hello..

When I want to create a new folder or put files in the external hard disk it show this message " catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff "

Few weeks before I had changes my laptop hard drive, dose it relate to the problem though before it was working properly?

and how I can solve this problem?

ShaimaMansoor, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon

1. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) while trying to download Minecraft Education Editon - Similar Threads - Catastrophic failure 0x8000ffff

2. Minecraft for Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Education: I bought the minecraft full game and now I've the especial project at school with my two kids. We are creating the school plant in minecraft, but our ideia is create the school in the minecraft education to use inside the classroom. But, with our count it's not possible...
  3. Trying to download Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download Minecraft: I purchased Minecraft today. When I tried to install it, I was only given the option to download it to my desktop, even though I used my laptop to purchase it. When I try to add a device my laptop all that happens is I wind up back to the purchase screen. I have followed all...
  4. Error code 0x8000FFFF while trying to create new folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x8000FFFF while trying to create new folders.: I'm getting the Error code 0x8000FFFF while trying to create a new folder in the F drive. I am able to create new folders in other drives but the problem persists in only one drive. Here is the screenshot of the error messge that I'm getting. ibb.co/gS04FdQ Can anyone help...
  5. Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic Failure (0x8000ffff) when trying to install Minecraft: Education Edition. Does...: I'm trying to download Minecraft: Education Edition but everytime it reaches 3% I get the the error. Keep in mind I am on a school laptop and do not have access to the Microsoft store or commands....
  6. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.: About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which I backed up), then finally my motherboard. Pretty expensive week. The transition to a new mobo went smoothly and...
  7. Store problem(Minecraft Education)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store problem(Minecraft Education): I bought a few things from minecraft's store. But it seems to have been loading for a long time. I could not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-problemminecraft-education/dfbc124d-20fa-4f27-8ea6-71f7f300bc6b
  8. I EXPERIENCED CATASTROPHIC FAILURE WHILE ENABLING OPTIONAL FEATURES ON WINDOWS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I EXPERIENCED CATASTROPHIC FAILURE WHILE ENABLING OPTIONAL FEATURES ON WINDOWS 10: I don't want to get such catastrophic failures in features and more I am requesting to the users , moderators and engineers , to give simple solutions and mention root cause for such failures . catastrophics failures occurs in system restore , while enabling...
  9. Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff

Feature update to Windows 10 Education, version 1607, Error 0x8000ffff: Feature update just became available today for us. Out of 4 laptops its failed on 4. W10 1507 education has been running for a few weeks. Updates to 1507 were working fine. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8000FFFF: Feature...
  10. Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure: From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this message. Attempts to go back to earlier restore points fail. Any ideas? Thanks. Noname.bmp 13932
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. catastrophic failure while accessing the drive

2. app installation failed with error 0x8000ffff minecraft education edition