Windows 10: Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files

Discus and support Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to download The Sims Complete Collection from The Sims Complete Collection : Maxis : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamStewart92, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files

Hello, I have tried to download The Sims Complete Collection from The Sims Complete Collection : Maxis : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive as seen on Youtube How to Download & Install The Sims 1 on Windows 10! - YouTube After a failed attempt I'd removed the files from the files folder, however, when I come to uninstall the game from the remove programs menu, I get this catastrophic Failure message and now I can't attempt the installation process again. Any advice?

:)

AdamStewart92, Jun 19, 2021

2. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 19, 2021
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files

Windows 10: 0X8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure

On connecting my external hard drive whenever i am trying to create a new folder or even trying to copy or move any file from my pc to my external hard drive i am getting an error message of 0X8000FFF Catastrophic Failure. Please suggest me a solution
    as what should i do now.

RishabMehrotra, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files

1. Catastrophic Failure Removing a program with deleted files - Similar Threads - Catastrophic Failure Removing

2. DEleted files and programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DEleted files and programs: OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY...
  3. Deleted Removed my Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted Removed my Programs: My son has an Acer laptop. In an attempt to make more space, it appears he deleted something ne shouldnt have. Now it wont start up. It starts, but none of the programs load. I click on the windows menu and nothing. Even trying to use the window button, nothing. Any ideas on...
  4. Catastrophic Failure

Catastrophic Failure: so ive been trying to let an app through my firewall and everytime i click to open it it says catastrophic failure.and ive been trying to find out why its doing that but i cant....
  5. Explorer.exe - Class not registered/catastrophic failure

Explorer.exe - Class not registered/catastrophic failure: I've been having this problem ever since I completed a Windows Memory Diagnostic came back clean. Afterward I signed back and my desktop is cleared from my applications, I'm unable to access my file manager, and my taskbar is missing applications. When I try to click on the...
  6. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.: About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which I backed up), then finally my motherboard. Pretty expensive week. The transition to a new mobo went smoothly and...
  7. uninstall, remove or delete program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    uninstall, remove or delete program: I have an App "HDHomeRun" that shows up in my list of Apps. When I right click/uninstall it takes me to "Programs and Features"/"Uninstall or Change Program", the app is not listed to choose. The App does not work. I tried to reinstall, but I get a notice a File Not Found...
  8. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  9. Windows 10 update catastrophic failure - system files are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update catastrophic failure - system files are missing: I'm (actually was) running Windows 10 build 1703. Since beginning Windows 10 upgrade did not work on my machine, always failed during update to new version beginning with Windows 7 to 10 update. Everything was working fine after fresh install of given version. As Windows...
  10. Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure: From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this message. Attempts to go back to earlier restore points fail. Any ideas? Thanks. Noname.bmp 13932