Windows 10: Catastrophic update !

Discus and support Catastrophic update ! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two days ago my Windows 10 updated automatically and removed all my personal pictures as well as an amount of data. How can I recover these missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidCross5, May 14, 2019.

1. Catastrophic update !

Two days ago my Windows 10 updated automatically and removed all my personal pictures as well as an amount of data. How can I recover these missing files?

:)

DavidCross5, May 14, 2019

2. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, May 14, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Catastrophic update ! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 14, 2019
  4. Catastrophic update !

Windows .NET Framework 4.7 Update Failed / Catastrophic Failure / 0x8000ffff

Hi Nick,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you are not able to install a specific update. This could be caused by missing update components or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you attempted to manually install the update and check if the same issue occurs?
    • We would also like to confirm what is the build number of Windows 10 that is installed in your computer?

As a initial recommendation, you can follow the steps provided by pvdg42 that is available through this

link
    to install the update manually and correct the error. The steps posted was for a previous version of
    Microsoft .NET Framework, but they still apply and all you need to do is use the latest version of the installer.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Catastrophic update !

1. Catastrophic update ! - Similar Threads - Catastrophic update

2. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade catastrophe: I have an HP2000 and upgraded to windows 10 successfully but after a couple days programs started to display information that didn't belong on those programs or it would alternate between an earlier biult version of the program and current one on its own. I decided to restart...
  3. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade catastrophe: I have an HP2000 and upgraded to windows 10 successfully but after a couple days programs started to display information that didn't belong on those programs or it would alternate between an earlier biult version of the program and current one on its own. I decided to restart...
  4. Upgrade catastrophe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Catastrophic Windows 10 update Nov 5th 2019 !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Catastrophic Windows 10 update Nov 5th 2019 !: This is what happened to me on the morning of wednesday November 6th : - On the evening of Nov 5th I left my laptop in sleep mode - This morning I clicked the mouse to wake the laptop up, and got an empty screen like when you first login to Windows - All my files were...
  6. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY HELP COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was...
  7. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: **** - **** – **** – **** – **** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of...
  8. windows 10 update -- an utter catastrophe!!!

windows 10 update -- an utter catastrophe!!!: Until a few days ago I had a well-functioning computer, using windows 10, but the latest automatic update of the program has turned my computer in a disfunctional shambles. I have wasted hours and days trying to find and reorganize files and search online for solutions to...
  9. Windows 10 update catastrophic failure - system files are missing

Windows 10 update catastrophic failure - system files are missing: I'm (actually was) running Windows 10 build 1703. Since beginning Windows 10 upgrade did not work on my machine, always failed during update to new version beginning with Windows 7 to 10 update. Everything was working fine after fresh install of given version. As Windows...
  10. Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure: From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this message. Attempts to go back to earlier restore points fail. Any ideas? Thanks. Noname.bmp 13932