Windows 10: Caught in a BSOD loop

Discus and support Caught in a BSOD loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At my wits' end! Started my Windows 10 PC today to find myself stuck in a Blue Screen boot loop with varying stop codes in no particular order:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/giorgioscia, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Caught in a BSOD loop

At my wits' end! Started my Windows 10 PC today to find myself stuck in a Blue Screen boot loop with varying stop codes in no particular order:

• Unexpected kernel mode trap
    • Driver overran stack buffer
    • Driver IRQL not less or equal (ACPI.sys)
    • IRQL not less or equal
    • Interrupt exception not handled
    • Page fault in nonpaged area
    • System service exception
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Kmode exception not handled

System specification:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
    • ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz
    • Corsair TX-M 650 Watt 90 Plus Gold PSU
    • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 SSD
    • Palit GeForce GTX 1660 6GB StormX
    • ASUS GTX 1060 (Just threw this in for BOINC cos why not)

System was working fine for ages, just happened to start messing me about this evening. Immediately before the issue, I tried to run Folding@home client but it didnt appear to open anything so after a few more attempts, I tried to restart computer to be met with BSOD.

At first I was getting past mobo splash screen to Windows loading splash screen, then loading wheel would freeze then BSOD. I broke this cycle and got into windows by removing Palit GTX 1660 and connecting display to the ASUS GTX 1060. Got into Windows and restarted a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Reinstalled GTX 1660 and BSOD returned. Removed GTX 1660 and BSOD went away. Got into Windows again so installed latest Nvidia driver (445.75). Checked for Windows update and installed latest updates (1909). Restarted to finish updates, BSOD loop ensued again.

I've tried to recall as much as possible but it's been a stressful few hours. Any help much appreciated! Let me know if there's any more info I need to add

submitted by /u/giorgioscia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/giorgioscia, Apr 6, 2020
  2. ahmd Win User

Caught in Office activation loop

I have this Dell computer that I reinstall the operating system once in awhile on. (It clears all the junk off of it and makes it run much faster.) At the same time I usually upgrade the hard drive for a larger/faster one.

So I'm doing it this time just like I did before. Then when I installed Office this thing popped up:

Caught in a BSOD loop [​IMG]

OK, so do Internet activation. For which I get this:

Hmm. Strange. OK, I can call them. So I go back and pick "Phone activation", for which I get this:

So any idea how am I supposed to make this thing work?

ahmd, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Caught in a BSOD loop

Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) PLEASE HELP!!!

I ran Driver Verifier and was caught in a BSOD loop caused by iocsBIOS2.sys (thats the name that was appearing underneath the bluescreen during the BSOD loop caused by driver verifier)

ErrorAlert, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Caught in a BSOD loop

1. Caught in a BSOD loop - Similar Threads - Caught BSOD loop

2. HP Envy caught in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy caught in reboot loop: Good Day EveryoneSo I've been trying to reset my former Laptop to give it to someone else. However, during the reset deleting all files and reinstalling windows an error occured and now the laptop is caught in a reboot loop.To further describe the reboot loop:Power Button is...
  3. HP Envy caught in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy caught in reboot loop: Good Day EveryoneSo I've been trying to reset my former Laptop to give it to someone else. However, during the reset deleting all files and reinstalling windows an error occured and now the laptop is caught in a reboot loop.To further describe the reboot loop:Power Button is...
  4. HP Envy caught in reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot reset pc, caught in boot/crash loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reset pc, caught in boot/crash loop: Hi! I had an unusual problem occur today. Whilst playing a game on steam, my computer blue screened. It came up with the error message - critical process died. Since then, i have been unable to do anything. I can still boot the computer in safe mode but it soon...
  6. Windows caught in restart loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows caught in restart loop: I was having an issue with Windows connecting to my network drives so i restarted it. When I went to restart it, Windows said it was fixing C: I let it do its thing and when it restarted it asked me for my username and password which was unusual. Before I could get the...
  7. I caught in a blue screen loop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I caught in a blue screen loop.: Inadvertently cut off power after I had shut down PC running Win 10. It came back with inaccessible boot device message. It says I have the wrong password to Administrator account. I don't think so but ok. It said restart and log in again but it just keeps trying to fix...
  8. Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates fail, caught in endless loop: My husbands has a Lenovo Idea pad 320 that came with Windows 10. It has never worked properly since he got it as it instantly needed Windows updates. The updates running in the background render the computer unusable and when they are downloaded, the screen goes black in...
  9. Caught in Office activation loop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Caught in Office activation loop: I have this Dell computer that I reinstall the operating system once in awhile on. (It clears all the junk off of it and makes it run much faster.) At the same time I usually upgrade the hard drive for a larger/faster one. So I'm doing it this time just like I did before....
  10. Caught in 64% loop. Really confused on how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Caught in 64% loop. Really confused on how to fix it.: I'm new here so I hope someone will take pity on a noob who's confused and frustrated. I've got Windows 10 64 bit on my Toshiba Qosimo X-70. I sold it so I used the Windows 10 settings to try to wipe my files and reset Windows. It got caught in a loop and stuck at 46%. I...