Windows 10: Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10

Discus and support Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rollerdog, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Rollerdog Win User

Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10

If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar configuration may get corrupted.

This happened to me and in Win 10 a vertical taskbar takes up half the screen. A horizontal taskbar at bottom of the screen works normally. Even after uninstalling Windowblinds, my win 10 did not support a vertical taskbar.

WindowBlinds does not yet support windows 10 anyway so just go ahead and uninstall it before updating.

:)

Rollerdog, Aug 2, 2015

2. The Creators update for windows 10 left us with a black screen and cursor

Hi,

For us the problem turned out to be Windowblinds. Disabling it in the sysconfig /Services tab restored our interface.

Apparently Windowblinds has a fix for this in their newest version - but i have advised my daughter to finish university before she tries Windowblinds again - since Windows 10 can update at any moment and cause this problem again.

1morewilliam, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sandy1967 Win User
    The Creators update for windows 10 left us with a black screen and cursor

Had this problem on my Hp Envy. Tried all the suggestions here, but nothing worked. Created a new profile from safe mode. Bingo, that did the trick Alas, after copying my settings and files from other profile, I tried to get my desktop back the way I wanted
    by getting Windowblinds back up and running. Restarted laptop per Windowblinds request and was again greeted by the black screen with cursor. Back to safe mode for uninstall of windowblinds. Laptop started normal. So, if you have Windowblinds by Stardock installed,
    be certain you have it's latest update installed. The newest Windowblinds works.

Sandy1967, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10

1. Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10 - Similar Threads - Caution running WindowBlinds

2. Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC: I have intel i5 6th generation PC that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit. If I do windows 10 clean install Can I get windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-win-10-on-win-7-running-pc/29e86df3-77a2-4af8-9b7a-7b9fcadbe3c8
  3. Re: Windowblinds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re: Windowblinds: I recently asked a question here about re-colouring my titlebars and so forth, in the same way as it could be done in Win 7. Specifically, I want to darken and / or re-colour the scroll bars. S.M.A.C.C was recommended and I DL'd it, although I have not installed it simply...
  4. Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work: Before using Windows 10, I enjoyed using Windowblinds. After Windows 10, I could not get the Windowblinds for Windows 10 to work. It would crash the system. Are there any dependable Windows 10 skins or skinning programs besides Windowblinds and the UltraUX Theme Patcher,...
  5. Stardock WindowBlinds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stardock WindowBlinds: Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. . 115000
  6. WindowBlinds 10 released!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WindowBlinds 10 released!: [img] Skin your Windows Desktop Interface with WindowBlinds WindowBlinds 10.03 changelog: • Windows 10 Compatibility! • WindowBlinds supports min/max/close buttons for universal applications • Three new skins from Danioc • Improved DPI scaling for large...
  7. OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't install/run on Win 10: Hello, I recently purchased Office 365 Business and began to install the software on 3 computers: home, work, and laptop. The install for the work and laptop computers (Win 7 & Win 10) went perfect but for some reason I cannot get OneDrive to work on my Win 10 computer at...
  8. install additional memory before or after Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    install additional memory before or after Win 10 install: I have a Win 10 iso that I download in August but have not yet installed. I have 12 GB memory installed now but I want to increase to 24 GB while I still have Win 7 installed, and then continue running Win 7 for a while longer. I'm assuming that the license associated...
  9. Win 7 programs to remove before installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 programs to remove before installing Win 10: Sorry for the newb question, but this is a great place for all things Win 10 already, so here goes.. For the best possible win 10 preview install, I think I should remove the following programs before I try it; am I paranoid, or do you guys agree? Esset AV All stardock...
  10. Question before getting Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question before getting Win 10: I have a few questions before I get Windows 10. I did ask these questions on the Microsoft forums but I got FAQ Answers and I wasn't satisfied with the information I was given. I'd like information from someone who already has upgraded to Win 10 therefore the information is...