Windows 10: Caveat

Discus and support Caveat in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I spent 2 days without being able to fix a serious issue: the keyboard was ok (reacting correctly on a low level boot) but stayed dummy a deaf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sambora(2), Jul 25, 2019.

1. Caveat

hello,

I spent 2 days without being able to fix a serious issue: the keyboard was ok (reacting correctly on a low level boot) but stayed dummy a deaf on normal boot. This happenned twice when I updated device drivers using 2 different specialized softwares. Both soft detected current drivers on the system and compared them against their own databases of drivers version. Then you can agree to upgrade the whole batch of out of date drivers. But this interfered twice with mouse without borders and put the keyboard out of order. With no clue.

I diag-ed the system, the peripherals, detached and reattached the keyboard (it’s a MS Surface), uninstalled the keyboard driver, then reinstalled it.

Still no clue.The MS support concluded I had to reinstall the whole systemand sent me a mais with the procedure to follow. But that was the last thing I wanted to do. So i downloaded ALL the drivers from MS and reinstalled all... what a gas!

Stll not working, still no clue. Finally God sent me an idea: terminate MTB and try to fix the keyboard installation. And it was that: there’s a silent interaction between MTB and the driver installation.

if you could protect the drivers update from this interference it could be great.

But first of all, can you explain to us why there was this software lint and why it was so difficult to pinpoint.

HTH

Regards

:)

Sambora(2), Jul 25, 2019
  2. beck24 Win User

AMD Posts Catalyst 13.8 Beta, Fixes CrossFire Frame Latency

not fixed, but better

Several hardware sites like Hardware Heaven and Hardocp looked at this driver and said, while a step in the right direction, it's a long way from fixed. Caveat emptor!

beck24, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Help!!! Are these temps high for my setup???

I suggested a cooler pull because that is one of the first steps in troubleshooting situations like this. In dozens of scenarios, the mounting or the paste would be the culprit. Once that was ruled out, then I'd suggest he check if his IHS was concave. He was asking for help, and what we suggested are the usual suspects and likely solutions. He didn't ask for help with a caveat that we shouldn't offer help if he wouldn't like what he found when troubleshooting.*Wink Caveat ;)

So, at this point you have three choices. One, you can RMA with Intel because of the high temps. Two, you can lap the IHS. Three, you can just put up with the higher temps.

Paulieg, Jul 25, 2019
  4. vfoster Win User

Caveat

Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

That is good news, as long as there are no caveats.

Hopefully this brings us one step closer to returning to the old way that updates were done- let ME decide which updates to install on MY computer.

vfoster, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Caveat

1. Caveat - Similar Threads - Caveat

2. Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat: I added my outlook account to new Windows 11 laptop. It synchronized with Edge.Then I want to completely unlink my account from the PC.In the UWP setting app I removed it, so there was only local account.However, Edge still had outlook account linked. I removed it, but still,...
  3. Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 login screen asks for password. But there is one caveat: I added my outlook account to new Windows 11 laptop. It synchronized with Edge.Then I want to completely unlink my account from the PC.In the UWP setting app I removed it, so there was only local account.However, Edge still had outlook account linked. I removed it, but still,...
  4. Caveat: I am computer illiterate! New printer won't do duplex printing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caveat: I am computer illiterate! New printer won't do duplex printing.: Shiny new HP ENVY Pro 6400 balks at duplex printing, Other functions appear functional. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caveat-i-am-computer-illiterate-new-printer-wont/652c041b-bf6e-488a-bdf5-6cf611f61efd
  5. Moving emails from Windows 10 Mail App to O365 Hosted Exchange - with a caveat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving emails from Windows 10 Mail App to O365 Hosted Exchange - with a caveat: Environment Windows 10 Windows 10 integrated Email app Outlook 2019 Hosted Exchange in O365 A now defunt previous hosting provider Problem Moving email in from IMAP mailbox where the server is no longer present. The only copies of company emails are on the employees...
  6. Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats

in Browsers and Email
    Thumbs-Up for Opera 44.0, with 2 Caveats: With only 2 main reservations...err make that 2.5, I give current Opera v.44.0 a big thumbs-up. Good features, great efficiency, good if not great speed, good stability. The 2.5 caveats: 1.0 Bad default on font scaling makes fonts pale and fuzzy if not fixed. - This is an...
  7. ADK Deployment & v1709 Question (with a lot of caveats)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADK Deployment & v1709 Question (with a lot of caveats): Excuse me if this a bit long winded but feel I have to explain what it is I'm encountering and trying to do. Okay I upgraded from W7 to W10 in 8/2015 for a little history. I then obtained an use Macrium Reflect creating a WinPE using at that time the latest ADK Deployment...
  8. Upgrade Questions With Caveats

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Questions With Caveats: I've done the upgrade to Windows 10 at least 30 times so far. All have been non-domain computers. I've done one so far that was a domain computer, and it was removed from the domain, thanks to the remove everything option. So my question is this. What's the best way to...