Windows 10: CBS.log ?

Discus and support CBS.log ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; e.g. sfc /SCANNOW sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll sfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paulb112, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Paulb112 Win User

CBS.log ?

e.g. sfc /SCANNOW sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll sfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows sfc /VERIFYONLYI ran this command, on my Windows 8.1 6.1

and this is the error I get does anyone ever come accross this before ?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>SFC /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

Paulb112, Nov 21, 2020
  2. phrab Win User

Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files

I've been getting some event errors lately, in particular 2 errors.

Date: 10/21/2019 8:54:17 AM
    Type: ErrorEvent: 1020Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 34008 and the required size was 45368.

Date: 10/21/2019 2:07:45 PM
    Type: WarningEvent: 1008Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The Open procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

So I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system and ran

sfc /scannow

I got the message:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

I tried to follow the rest of the steps listed on the support page, but got lost in the details.

1. When I used an elevated Powershell & ran the suggested command, I got:

PS C:\> findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

out-file : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt'.At line:1 char:1+ findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\s ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: CBS.log ? :)) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

2. I manually went to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS & opened CBS.log.There was so much detail that I couldn't follow what was corrupt. I've attached the log.

I would appreciate anyone telling me what files are corrupt & how to replace them. Thank you in advance!

phrab, Nov 21, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys

Here is another way to obtain your cbs log.......................

Go to File Explorer > click This PC > click open C :drive > open Windows > open Logs > open CBS > cbs log should be at the top of the list. > open it and the log is in Notepad.

davidhk, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

CBS.log ?

Errors is CBS logs

Having a problem with getting those CBS logs uploaded any ideas please??

ICIT2LOL, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

CBS.log ?

1. CBS.log ? - Similar Threads - CBS log

2. Update KB4579311 failing to install - help interpreting CBS log

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update KB4579311 failing to install - help interpreting CBS log: KB4579311 has repeatedly failed to install on my PC running Windows 10 2004. I get the error 0x800f0922 I have tried common troubleshooting steps like clearing the SoftwareDistribution folder, SFC, DISM restorehealth etc. - nothing has helped. I have seen others upload a...
  3. Attached is my CBS LOG. Hopefully someone can assist. My Windows refreshes every 6 seconds,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attached is my CBS LOG. Hopefully someone can assist. My Windows refreshes every 6 seconds,...: 2020-08-10 20:53:07, Info CSI 00000025 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2020-08-10 20:53:08, Error CSI 00000026@2020/8/10:10:53:08.055 F onecore\base\wcp\sil\ntsystem.cpp2926: Error STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND originated in...
  4. SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now): 1) Was trying to troubleshoot the fact Excel would not bring up or execute a Macro - nor- bring up Visual Basic. 2) Attempted to reload Office (made a few selection changes) and received "SetUp Found Errors in the Registration Database". 2) Troubleshooter came up and tried...
  5. SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now)

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now): 1) Was trying to troubleshoot the fact Excel would not bring up or execute a Macro - nor- bring up Visual Basic. 2) Attempted to reload Office (made a few selection changes) and received "SetUp Found Errors in the Registration Database". 2) Troubleshooter came up and tried...
  6. CBS log from SFC scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CBS log from SFC scan: after running sfc /scannow errors were found & this is where the results were found . I have no idea how to read this. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgbcKmbFBuM-QNwW_0Q?e=scbcIP...
  7. What to do with the windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log from the SFC scan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What to do with the windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log from the SFC scan?: I am finding solution to my problem in starting some modules in my Laptop. I found in the internet that SFC /scannow may resolve the problem. But it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are...
  8. Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files: I've been getting some event errors lately, in particular 2 errors. Date: 10/21/2019 8:54:17 AM Type: ErrorEvent: 1020Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the...
  9. Cbs Log and Driver Irql not lesser or equal fastboot.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cbs Log and Driver Irql not lesser or equal fastboot.sys: Hello. My computer has been getting fastboot.sys Driver srql not lesser or equal and I just did an sfc scannow and I would like someone to analyze my log to figure out what files are corrupted and how to fix them. I put the log file on google drive in the link below Log...
  10. File Explorer not responding & SFC shown found Problems with C:|Windows|logs|cbs|CBS.log...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer not responding & SFC shown found Problems with C:|Windows|logs|cbs|CBS.log...: I found, Windows 10 installation (via Auto Update) failed due to a corrupt file. That also hang my Windows file Explorer maybe. It was not responding & it's bothering me. Than I search in Microsoft & get One answer on that issue was to use Command Prompt (Admin) and run sfc...