Windows 10: CBS.log ?

Discus and support CBS.log ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; e.g. sfc /SCANNOW sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll sfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paulb112, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Paulb112 Win User

CBS.log ?

e.g. sfc /SCANNOW sfc /VERIFYFILE=c:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll sfc /SCANFILE=d:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll /OFFBOOTDIR=d:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\windows sfc /VERIFYONLYI ran this command, on my Windows 8.1 6.1

and this is the error I get does anyone ever come accross this before ?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>SFC /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Forexample C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently notsupported in offline servicing scenarios.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

Paulb112, Nov 21, 2020
  2. phrab Win User

Understanding the CBS log & repairing corrupt files

I've been getting some event errors lately, in particular 2 errors.

Date: 10/21/2019 8:54:17 AM
    Type: ErrorEvent: 1020Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 34008 and the required size was 45368.

Date: 10/21/2019 2:07:45 PM
    Type: WarningEvent: 1008Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib

The Open procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll" failed with error code The system cannot find the file specified.. Performance data for this service will not be available.

So I went to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rrupted-system and ran

sfc /scannow

I got the message:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

I tried to follow the rest of the steps listed on the support page, but got lost in the details.

1. When I used an elevated Powershell & ran the suggested command, I got:

PS C:\> findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

out-file : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt'.At line:1 char:1+ findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\s ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OpenError: CBS.log ? :)) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

2. I manually went to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS & opened CBS.log.There was so much detail that I couldn't follow what was corrupt. I've attached the log.

I would appreciate anyone telling me what files are corrupt & how to replace them. Thank you in advance!

phrab, Nov 21, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys

Here is another way to obtain your cbs log.......................

Go to File Explorer > click This PC > click open C :drive > open Windows > open Logs > open CBS > cbs log should be at the top of the list. > open it and the log is in Notepad.

davidhk, Nov 21, 2020
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

CBS.log ?

Errors is CBS logs

Having a problem with getting those CBS logs uploaded any ideas please??

ICIT2LOL, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

CBS.log ?

1. CBS.log ? - Similar Threads - CBS log

2. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  3. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  4. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. help with cbs log

help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  6. help with cbs log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with cbs log: hi, i recently encountered windows memory diagnostics error so decided to clean install windows again but ran into cbs error logs in sfc scannow.can anyone advise what issue and solution to the further problems....
  7. CBS LOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  8. CBS LOG

CBS LOG: windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log/f84b7065-caf7-4c54-93f4-9badf1ae5e62
  9. "Package Does Not Have OobeApplicability" in CBS Log, What Does it Mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Package Does Not Have OobeApplicability" in CBS Log, What Does it Mean?: I checked my CBS logs and saw something that has never happened before; it's normal behaviour for CBS to log a series of "detect package" messages, that's nothing newhowever, it would appear that since 10:57am on the 13th of December, a new message appears under every...
  10. "Package Does Not Have OobeApplicability" in CBS Log, What Does it Mean?

"Package Does Not Have OobeApplicability" in CBS Log, What Does it Mean?: I checked my CBS logs and saw something that has never happened before; it's normal behaviour for CBS to log a series of "detect package" messages, that's nothing newhowever, it would appear that since 10:57am on the 13th of December, a new message appears under every...