Windows 10: cclean taking long time for analyze to show up

Discus and support cclean taking long time for analyze to show up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; for the past three months cclean has taken a long time for analyze to show up bright blue when first installed it took only seconds have been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dmesal, Mar 26, 2017.

1. dmesal Win User

cclean taking long time for analyze to show up

for the past three months cclean has taken a long time for analyze to show up bright blue when first installed it took only seconds have been using it and updating it for two years.

all info greatly appreciated

DME

:)

dmesal, Mar 26, 2017
  2. srini_08 Win User

xbox games taking long time to show up games collection

Hi,

After updating to windows 8.1 in lumia 520, the games hub is taking long time to show up the games collection.

also its syncing every time with xbox, is there a way to stop this like we do in windows 8(Black).

srini_08, Mar 26, 2017
  3. xbox games taking long time to show up games collection

The annoying "updating" has to do with just that synchronizing with your Live account and loading "spotlight" games, same way the store is doing it. I don't think there is a way around it other than either opening the games outside of the "Games" utility
    (which is useless now that it's possible) or disconnecting from the internet.

Aoyagi Aichou, Mar 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I find the same - and have noticed this happen previously- I've not looked into it, so will just add this to keep track of responses. It's obviously doing something in that period as its CPU use is significant.

It first spends a lot of time working with registry entries of the form
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\safer\codeidentifiers\0\.........

It then spends time scanning data related to applications, especially browsers and email clients.

Most of the time is then spent processing instructions as to where to look (presumably) in Ccleaner\winapp2.ini - and nothing else, (maybe it's just collecting the data about where to look, getting ready to scan)

Finally the Analyze button becomes available.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2017
  5. dmesal Win User
    so i'm not alone in noticing this that's good/bad but still not alone

Many Thanks

dmesal, Mar 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok, here's (probably) the answer:
    Ccleaner v5.18 Analye butto grey - CCleaner Bug Reporting - Piriform Community Forums
    So the solution is to delete that file.

Do you use CCenhancer? I'm wondering if that creates it..

And in winapp2.ini I found this:
    ; is CCleaner taking too long to load with Winapp2.ini? Try this:
    http://www.winapp2.com/trim.bat
    (place it in your ccleaner folder and run)

dalchina, Mar 26, 2017
  7. dmesal Win User
    i had installed enhancer at some point and have looked to delete the program completely but it doesn't show it in installed programs list seeing as how it is an add on per say so i uninstalled ccleaner and re-installed.

now i think i will uninstall CC and do windows file clean up re start and reinstall.

it does look like enhancer is the problem so if CC is gone, i should be able to re-apply basic CC

many thanks

not done yet but shortly

DME

dmesal, Mar 27, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

This is a relatively trivial issue which reinstalling Ccleaner won't solve.

I've already discovered exactly what's needed.

1. You can download and run trim.bat which cleverly cleans up the winapp2.ini file.
    I did that and the time for Analyze to show was reduced to 2-3seconds.
    2. You can simply delete winapp2.ini in Ccleaner's folder if (1) is too much trouble.

You can easily find ccenhancer if you use a free search tool such as
    locate32
    ultrasearch
    everything by voidtools
    - these are often recommended here and make things so much easier.

And ccenhancer should be in your ccleaner folder if present.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2017
  9. dmesal Win User
    Many Many Thanks dalchina

i chose option 2 delete the ini file and the Analyze button didn't take one second to show up

many thanks again*Smile

dmesal, Mar 28, 2017
  10. Downloaded and ran trim.bat. Two failures, and then it ran but no debug. A search for winapp2.ini comes up empty. What's up with this? how bad am I in trouble?

Wiley Coyote, Apr 17, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    winapp2.ini if present should be in the folder where Ccleaner is installed.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  12. Not one there. Doing some more "research" I found it may NOT be part of my system. Everything still works and runs fine. No errors in logs. Guess I made myself panic over nothing.

13. dalchina New Member

It's not a system file- it's solely related to Ccleaner. Keep taking the anti-panic pills.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2017
  14. I use the liquid form. Usually try to hold off to later in the day though. Think I figured out why CCleaner slowed down. Installed Malwarebytes. Seems to have added a little extra time to everything. Biggest memory user. Right now at 259.4 Mb.

Thanks for spending your time with me. I appreciate it. You have a good day.

15. gbm97 Win User
    Cleaner used to be a fast loader but slow to load as of late.
    However today it updated to v529.6033 and loads as quickly as it once did.

gbm97, Apr 19, 2017
Thema:

1. cclean taking long time for analyze to show up - Similar Threads - cclean taking long

2. Ssd take long time to start up 30 min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd take long time to start up 30 min: Hello A month ago I installed ssd After installing Windows updates, and after two days, it suddenly became very slow and took half an hour to start. I tried all the methods on the Internet and YouTube. I checked the health of ssd and files but there is no error please help...
  3. Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Suddenly Merge does not show up and it copies and takes a long time: Windows 10 20H2 Im trying to get organized. I have folders that I would like to merge and so normally windows will say "Destination folder has the same name would you like to merge it" But now suddenly it is wanting to overwrite everything and it wont give me that message. I...
  4. Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder: Usually, when I would put a file or something from a folder to the desktop it would show up within a second, but now when moving any file it takes ~30 seconds for the changes to be shown on the desktop and in the folder. Do you know what causes this and how I can fix it or...
  5. My computer takes a long time to load up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer takes a long time to load up: Since the update for the stupid Microsoft Edge my computer now takes ages to load up when it used to be instant before. What happens now is that my computer will stay on the start up screen for absolutely ages then turn off and I have to manualy turn it on again at which...
  6. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  7. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  8. win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 icons take long time to show (windows Explorer): When I first open the Windows Explorer after starting my computer the icons for the files show up as a white box. I have run virus scans, malware scans which both finding nothing, then I defraged the drive and tried resetting the icon cache then rebooted. The same thing...
  9. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...