Windows 10: CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Discus and support CCleaner 64 bit wont run. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. *Smile I am facing an odd issue with CCleaner. The 64 bit one is not running, whereas the 32 bit is working properly. Here is the message it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arc, May 22, 2015.

1. ARC
    Arc Win User

CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Hi. *Smile I am facing an odd issue with CCleaner. The 64 bit one is not running, whereas the 32 bit is working properly.

Here is the message it is providing:

CCleaner 64 bit wont run. [​IMG]

So I went to the location, double clicked the target file, got the same thing.

But, the 32 bit one is working properly, I made it sure.

What I have tried till now:
    • I uninstalled CCleaner, Downloaded a fresh copy from Filehippo and installed it.
    • I restarted the computer.
    • I ran disc cleanup, selecting everything possible.
    • Did another uninstall and reinstall.
    Nothing helped.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. *Smile

BTW, if anybody want to ask, my windows is 64 bit, preview build 10122.

:)

2. Julie Ram Win User

64-bit programs won't run properly on 64-bit windows but 32-bit will

Hi,

The issue probably occurred due to incompatible drivers. To assist you with your concern, we'd like to know if you have updated the drivers from the device manufacture site? Also, did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Looking forward to you response.

Julie Ram, May 22, 2015
  3. cozm0 Win User
    64-bit programs won't run properly on 64-bit windows but 32-bit will

Ok thanks anyway

cozm0, May 22, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Try running SFC and Dism(the windows 8 & 10 aspirin) If that doesn't work, uninstall again then unhide files and delete Ccleaner related files in C: user App data also go in regedit and delete the ccleaner keys(when you reinstall app data and the reg keys work like an .INI file and set your preferences but if corrupted can cause problems on the next re-install)

Cliff S, May 22, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    In addition to what cliff said above. Why don't you download a portable X64 version from the official site which you can extract and run without any installation.
    CCleaner - Builds

NOTE: The zip file contains both 32 & 64 bit.

topgundcp, May 22, 2015
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Hi Cliff S. Thanks a lot.

I did not run SFC initially because in my understanding SFC checks the system files only, and is not effective for third party tools. Still I did it as you suggested, it found nothing.

I havent tried Dism yet ... please guide me about it in details. I am unaware of it.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming does not contain any CCleaner entry after it is uninstalled. I sehed everywhere in C:\Users\<username>\AppData .... no entry for CCleaner. Should I look at any other place too?

There were some in Regedit. Like
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch\shell\open\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Run CCleaner
    Five in total. Deleted those, will try another installation now and will let you know.

Hi topgundcp. Thanks a lot to you, too.

I tried your suggestion, got the same result. *Sad

7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Hi Cliff S .
    My issue is fixed. CCleaner 64 bit is running again after cleaning all the related registry entries! Thanks a lot. *Thumbs

8. Cliff S New Member

Just copy & past this in an Admin command prompt and let it run through, if it finds anything reboot and run it again. Sometimes it takes a few tries to repair/clean files. Note if you use a theme patcher like UXstyles you need to switch to a windows theme and turn the patcher off(uninstall) you can turn it back on after. Also this must be run from an Admin account in case you use a standard account out of security reasons.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CCleaner 64 bit wont run. - Similar Threads - CCleaner bit wont

2. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  3. Will a 64-bit game run in the 32-bit designated folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will a 64-bit game run in the 32-bit designated folder: I'm trying to install Fortnite which is a 64-bit game onto my computer. However, I noticed the Epic Games Launcher is installed to the \Program Files x86 folder, which is reserved for 32-bit games, and the only place I can get it to download to is the \Epic Games folder. When...
  4. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  5. 64 bit processor wont run setup.exe

64 bit processor wont run setup.exe: I am trying to reinstall windows 1o pro onto my machine whit has a 64 bit processor but the setup.exe will not run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-processor-wont-run-setupexe/a188b5c4-3e0d-413d-a8dc-8d031d0351bf
  6. Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.: Is it definitely possible, although the results are mixed. You just downloadthis VM made by Leecher1337 on github, run install.bat and restart. Try running your app again....
  7. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  8. Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Laptop is 64 bit but running Microsoft software of 32 bit: My laptop is a 64 bit but it seems to be running every software into a 32 bit such as my Microsoft word programs. Even the antivirus is 32 bit. I tried deleting the 32 bit word but it suddenly came back. What do i do? 133550
  9. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...
  10. windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit

windows 64 bit can't run into windows 32 bit: Hi, first sorry if my English is not good I always install windows by this simple way and I have no problem so far. I extract iso file into one of drive with winrar. For windows 7 and 8 run setup.exe in the root drive and follow steps until that step I want select drive. If I...