Windows 10: ccleaner ad before going to site

Discus and support ccleaner ad before going to site in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use ccleaner for my home page on both firefox and chrome lately click on home button just brings up ad to add ccleaner to firefox and chrome how do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wood, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Wood Win User

ccleaner ad before going to site

I use ccleaner for my home page on both firefox and chrome

lately click on home button just brings up ad to add ccleaner to firefox and chrome

how do I stop that, I cannot find a way

:)

2. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

ccleaner ad before going to site [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

ccleaner ad before going to site cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 28, 2019
  3. kado897 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

Thanks Mike.

kado897, Mar 28, 2019
  4. ccleaner ad before going to site

CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

ccleaner ad before going to site

1. ccleaner ad before going to site - Similar Threads - ccleaner before going

2. Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site: Dear support, I do realize this might not be the best place to ask. But since i am pretty paranoid atm i feel like i got no choice. I accidentally pressed an ad on PH while scrolling on my phone. And it loaded up an page which i instantly pressed away. I just do not know...
  3. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  4. BSOD by going on Microsoft's site

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD by going on Microsoft's site: By some unknown magic, going to this link crashes my entire PC. Any idea why? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows8 submitted by /u/RUvlad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j2svgq/bsod_by_going_on_microsofts_site/
  5. What is the go with running CCleaner now

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is the go with running CCleaner now: I know we used to run CCleaner all the time when we were back in the days of Windows 7 but is it of any value now?? 164445
  6. Can't go to a site.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't go to a site.: I get this error, the troubleshooter says that there's no a problem with this.. Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to www.systemrequirementslab.com. Peer received a valid certificate, but access was denied. Error code:...
  7. FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FAKE AD LEADS TO MALWARE SITE: In a Bing search, I came across an online ad which lists our company name, our web address and other info about our company. Click on the ad and you will be redirected to somewhere else. We did not place any online ads. To whom would I direct an inquiry?...
  8. CCleaner c5.49.6856 producing flyout ads for 'Black Friday'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner c5.49.6856 producing flyout ads for 'Black Friday': For those still interested in using CCleaner.... I'm on the Portable version 5.49.6856 ( 64-bit) and just now started getting these annoying Black Friday ads popping up in the notification area every time I start CCleaner64.exe The good news, after some Piriform forum...
  9. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  10. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...