Windows 10: CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health

Discus and support CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Greetings,I've been using CCleaner from time to time and was wondering if this is a good idea in terms of privacy and the health of my PC. I've found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sheridan P., Aug 4, 2022.

1. CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health

Greetings,I've been using CCleaner from time to time and was wondering if this is a good idea in terms of privacy and the health of my PC. I've found mixed advice on CCleaner, some appraising as a wonderful piece of software and others downright calling it malware. I've never used the registry which I've read is not a good idea, only the Health Check and Custom Clean.I've also been using their CCleaner Browser and was wondering if it's also good to use in terms of privacy on the web.I just want to make sure that CCleaner and it's browser aren't evading my privacy, collecting my data or trackin

:)

Sheridan P., Aug 4, 2022

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Aug 4, 2022
  3. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Aug 4, 2022
  4. ShaneRS Win User

CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health

CCleaner

I recently updated to Windows 10. I don't know if my issue is related to that. CCleaner had been bugging me for a couple of days to clear up some space. Last night, I decided to give it a go. After CCleaner ran, I can't connect to the Internet with any
    browser. How can I recover from this?

Second question. Is it at all necessary to use registry cleaning software? I did some reading afterwards that suggested it is not, so uninstalled CCleaner. I would like to know.

Thanks.

Shane

ShaneRS, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health

1. CCleaner and CCleaner Browser - Privacy and PC Health - Similar Threads - CCleaner CCleaner Browser

2. CCleaner Browser is it worth a try ?

in Browsers and Email
    CCleaner Browser is it worth a try ?: Secure, Fast and Private Browser from CCleaner 175558
  3. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  4. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    CCleaner: Every time I start my computer, it asks me if I want to allow CCleaner to make changes to my system. How do I make my computer stop asking me this question? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/1bf2811a-5fb8-48cc-9520-7d48abcdf9fc
  5. CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner: Is CCleaner safe to reinstall on laptop using Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/2db1feb0-ed2c-4ec6-95de-d0e92c109eb4"
  6. Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ccleaner: hello Iran Ccleaner's Windows tab with defaults as is and it analyzed 1 GB to be removed. When I ran the cleaner it said 8 MB were removed. What is wrong? TY 22500
  7. CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy

CCleaner removal of cookies and privacy: Amazon knows me: hello ..... Although I use a vpn, I am registered by my cookies (I presume). Using CCleaner you are able to clean/remove your cookies. This works for Firefox. Amazon doesnot recognize me anymore. However, it does not work for Internet Explorer (my...
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807