Windows 10: CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist

Discus and support CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Update: the original article (which was the source of this post) was removed yesterday, it seems that someone from Microsoft contacted the author of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by LEOPEVA64, Sep 26, 2019.

1. LEOPEVA64 Win User

CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist

Update: the original article (which was the source of this post) was removed yesterday, it seems that someone from Microsoft contacted the author of the article and that's why it was removed, this is what the new article says:

Read more: About CCleaner in Microsoft forums

Original post:
    Read more: CCleaner.com in Microsoft Blacklist

I have always thought that such tools are not necessary in Windows 10 and I am also one of those who believes that they cause more problems than they solve, whenever I can, I recommend people stop using this tool.

Yes, I know that some will say that using it well and "knowing how to use it", this tool is useful, sorry but no, neither this tool nor similar ones should be used in Windows 10. As always, this is simply my humble opinion.

:)

LEOPEVA64, Sep 26, 2019

2. blacklisted

Hi kathleenwigington,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

If your IP address has been blacklisted and you want to investigate, you will need to visit the blacklist's website, where you should see general listing reasons. If you find out why you were blacklisted, you can try to get it reversed. You may want to get
    in touch with the Network Provider for assistance.

Kind regards,

Viktorija L., Sep 26, 2019
  3. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Sep 26, 2019
  4. CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist

CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist

1. CCleaner.com NOT on Microsoft Blacklist - Similar Threads - CCleaner com Microsoft

2. Website blacklisted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website blacklisted: We have a MOVEit Transfer website that is forcing people to verify every file they want to download because of Microsoft's Defender SmartScreen. We've been told our site has been blacklisted. I'm assuming this is because of the announced CVE vulnerabilities by Progress...
  3. Website blacklisted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Website blacklisted: We have a MOVEit Transfer website that is forcing people to verify every file they want to download because of Microsoft's Defender SmartScreen. We've been told our site has been blacklisted. I'm assuming this is because of the announced CVE vulnerabilities by Progress...
  4. Website blacklisted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Website blacklist solution

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website blacklist solution: Hello out there! I am searching for a website-blacklist solution. The solution have to blacklist certain websites on a couples of windows 10 computers, globally on all internet browsers on the computer. I have tried the hosts file method, but i searching for a solution there...
  6. Un-blacklist?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Un-blacklist?: Recently my father complained about websites crashing and only showing strange geometric symbols. I figured out that data transfer to data collection sites like vortex.data.microsoft.com vortex-win.data.microsoft.com were responsible so I ran Destroy Windows Spying, which...
  7. Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store was deleted with CCleaner: I accidentally deleted the Microsoft Store with CCleaner, along with a bunch of other preinstalled apps. Is there any way I can get them back without paying or reinstalling Windows? (I'm using a standard account and I don't know the admin password, so anything that would...
  8. CCleaner.com in Microsoft Blacklist

in Windows 10 News
    CCleaner.com in Microsoft Blacklist: CCleaner.com is on Microsoft Blacklist. Microsoft blacklists the CCleaner.com site, automatically or manually blacked out if mentioned in official forums. The well-known site for downloading and executing tools for cleaning and optimizing Operating Systems will no longer...
  9. Blacklist stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blacklist stolen laptop: Hi, when someone connects to Microsoft using a Microsoft account, the information about the device gets somehow scanned and shows in the different devices that appear connected to that account. This info includes hardware characteristics incluiding the Serial number of the...
  10. Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge and CCleaner (v5.42.6499).: I use W10 and IE10 and Firefox, not Edge. Just recently found CCleaner now skips IE Temp Int Files, History and Cookies. Reverted to earlier version, same. A Google search suggested this could be due to something running in the background. Looking in Task Manager, I found IE...