Windows 10: CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

Discus and support CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bamajon1974, Jul 18, 2019.

1. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it is clean?
    Thanks!

:)

bamajon1974, Jul 18, 2019
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Jul 18, 2019
  3. kado897 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

Thanks Mike.

kado897, Jul 18, 2019
  4. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

1. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version - Similar Threads - CCleaner Free Paid

2. paid antivirus vs windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    paid antivirus vs windows defender: Paid antivirus vs. Windows Defender: Do you really need to pay for proper protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paid-antivirus-vs-windows-defender/26c89367-dcbe-44a7-b724-5fb98a4deeb1
  3. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  4. Save Print Output As vs Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save Print Output As vs Ccleaner: Place an online order and click “Print this page for your records”. Get a Print box to select printer. I print to PDF or XPS Document which sends me to “Save Print Output As” dialogue box and automatically loads Documents folder. I select Desktop as the save to location. It...
  5. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  6. CCleaner Version 5.52.6967

CCleaner Version 5.52.6967: The above version has been released today and first look it duesn't seem to contain any nasties. https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds 125442
  7. CCleaner vs Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CCleaner vs Disk Cleanup: Hello, I previously had CCleaner on my PC and then I removed it. Does Disk Cleanup do as much of a thorough job (removing unneeded DLL’s, etc.) as CCleaner does? Thanks....
  8. Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?

in Browsers and Email
    Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?: Hi, I am trying to tie up some loose ends after having to execute a Clean Install of my Windows 10 Home last night because of corrupted files I couldn't fix any other way. To make a long story short prior to the Clean Install I had a paid version of Microsoft Office...
  9. Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes

Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes: I have found iTunes to be a real POS on Windows. A big, and continuing frustration is that I can't do a new install of iTunes, same system or different, without getting a stupid message about how iTunes will sync the phone or tablet to this system ONLY after wiping out the...
  10. Do you use the PAID version of CCleaner? Why?

Do you use the PAID version of CCleaner? Why?: I just tried out CCleaner, free version, and it did a great job of cleaning out all the crap in my Win 7 install. After that, I was finally able to upgrade to Win 10. So I'm wondering if the PRO version is even better. Why do you use the PRO version? Thanks. 55730

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cc cleaner free or paid version

2. free Ccleaners vs paid for Ccleaners