Windows 10: CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

Discus and support CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, So i ran CCleaner (I've used it for older computers before) and now my computer BARELY works. It's insanely slow, none of my games are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/furyofsound, Mar 22, 2020.

1. CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

Hi guys,

So i ran CCleaner (I've used it for older computers before) and now my computer BARELY works. It's insanely slow, none of my games are working right (very low fps). It's almost unusable. I've tried the following:

• Going to the CCleaner log in mydocuments and clicking on that and resetting the registry. Didn't work
    • I tried running SFC in command prompt and that didn't work.
    • Tried System restore but there aren't any system restore points
    • Tried resetting the PC but it keeps popping up with the error message saying that there was an error in resetting, no changes were made.

Is there any to revert the awful changes CCleaner did??? any programs? ANY help would be greatly apprecatiated.

submitted by /u/furyofsound
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/furyofsound, Mar 22, 2020

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Mar 22, 2020
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 22, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help! [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help! cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

1. CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help! - Similar Threads - CCleaner destroyed computer

2. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  3. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  4. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive just destroyed all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive just destroyed all of my files: Hi,I had my documents, pictures, and desktop all backed up to OneDrive, I was getting really sick of what OneDrive does to my PC, for example breaking all thumbnails, so I moved all the files out of OneDrive back onto my local drive, and disabled syncing of these folders....
  6. Need help with my Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with my Computer: I recently updated to Windows 10 update 2004 and the following day I used my computer I received multiple Werfault.Exe application error and svchost.exe application error. My desktop isn't loading(grey background) and so is my task bar(light blue circular loading icon). When...
  7. Need help with my computer.

Need help with my computer.: I just was just forced to update windows and at the tail end of it my computer black screened. Now everytime I start it up I get the error "Whea uncorrectable error". It was fine before the update so I don't know what to do. Also I am able to stay on the desktop in Safe mode...
  8. I need help importing just under 3k photos to my computer

I need help importing just under 3k photos to my computer: I've used the photos app that comes with windows 10 before but only when i had around 300 photos. It shows i have 2899 photos when looking for photos to import and just sits there. It sees all of the photos on the phone but get stuck. Its a about 159 gigs and imputing on a...
  9. Computer is destroyed i need to recuperate windows license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer is destroyed i need to recuperate windows license.: Computer is destroyed i need to recuperate windows license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-destroyed-i-need-to-recuperate-windows/25e19332-0e1e-420b-b90a-b4bf3df2842f"
  10. Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window just automatically updated itself, destroying my computer's performance and...: Last night my computer, just sitting there, went into Windows update mode, then shut itself down. Since that time the keyboard on the computer doesn't work, and the performance is super slow - i.e. clicking the Windows icon and typing in "Control Panel" I have to wait 10...