Windows 10: CCleaner only scanning the administrator account.

Discus and support CCleaner only scanning the administrator account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a separate standard user account that I mainly operate from and I've noticed that CCleaner only scans the administrator account. Can I enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kol12, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

CCleaner only scanning the administrator account.

I have a separate standard user account that I mainly operate from and I've noticed that CCleaner only scans the administrator account. Can I enable CCleaner to scan for things it normally would for other user accounts without having to manually add folders to scan etc?

:)

Kol12, Feb 10, 2017

2. Update and security icon not opening in Settings

My son used to have this laptop and he was signed in as the administrator. My daughter and I have spearate accounts on the same laptop. Since my son got himself a new laptop he deleted his account and my daughter was made the administrator. I only noticed
    this problem a couple of days ago. The trouble shooting that I did was 1) made a change in the administrator(made myself) 2) Used Widows troubleshooting 2) ran a computer scan using majorgeeks.com, hitmanpro, Ccleaner, SuperAntispyware and now am currently
    running Malwarebytes. Nothing seems to help. Thanks.

PhilipPrasad, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Regaining administratin rights: Account name change and administration rights choices

Hi

I'm the only user of my computer, so I set up only one user account, which used to have administration rights on the computer.

I wanted to change the user name, so i used the "change account setting" for that.

Unfortunately it did not occur to me to recheck the option to have my account as administrator.

Hence now, the only user account on the computer does not have administration rights on anything: from running/installing some programs to ccleaner, ...../system32 cmd.exe, .... to reusing "change account setting" to get back to administrator.

Thank U advance for Ur assistance.

SekaiEzerextat, Feb 10, 2017
  4. CCleaner only scanning the administrator account.

I believe you have to pay for that functionality. Otherwise run it from the other account.

logicearth, Feb 10, 2017
  5. Kol12 Win User
    I have tried running it from both the Admin and the Standard User account but it still only scans the Admin account.

Kol12, Feb 10, 2017
  6. I'm not at the computer at the moment. But you have to configure CCleaner not to ask for UAC. Look in settings then restart CCleaner.

logicearth, Feb 10, 2017
  7. Kol12 Win User
    I've got it, I had been opening CCleaner with admin rights. If I just open CCleaner from the standard user account (not run as administrator) it now scans the correct user. All sorted by the looks...

Kol12, Feb 10, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

You don't need to run it with administrator rights.

swarfega, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Kol12 Win User
    Yes got it, thanks.

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CCleaner only scanning the administrator account. - Similar Threads - CCleaner scanning administrator

2. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing the only administrator account on this laptop: I have looked at previous solutions on here with no success. I only have the one microsoft account on my old laptop, and I’d like to remove it. But my account is the administrator. I’ve tried looking up how to remove my account as the administrator but there has been no luck....
  3. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing the only administrator account on this laptop: I have looked at previous solutions on here with no success. I only have the one microsoft account on my old laptop, and I’d like to remove it. But my account is the administrator. I’ve tried looking up how to remove my account as the administrator but there has been no luck....
  4. Removing the only administrator account on this laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  6. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.: Hi all, This is a months-long problem. I'm not the administrator of my laptop. It appears that there's the "admin" account and me: Rachel Cee and Rachel C, with the former being the admin and the later being the only available account to sign into when I open my laptop. I...
  7. Administrator issue -- I'm the only account but somehow not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Only allowed to sign into administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only allowed to sign into administrator account: I currently reset my pc after never doing it before. After doing this, I was only allowed to sign into an account called “Administrator”. I tried signing in but I only arrived at a message saying “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.” I’ve...
  9. Only allowed to sign into administrator account

Only allowed to sign into administrator account: I currently reset my pc after never doing it before. After doing this, I was only allowed to sign into an account called “Administrator”. I tried signing in but I only arrived at a message saying “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.” I’ve...
  10. I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can only use other accounts, not the administrator account because the administrator...: Is there anyway to reset the password without resetting my PC? If so I would be grateful! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-other-accounts-not-the/e6c6fac4-d923-4d95-b11a-54babf53de50

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner only works for admin account