Windows 10: CCleaner problem with notification.

Discus and support CCleaner problem with notification. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know how long this has been going on but I no longer receive the notification that CCleaner has finished cleaning after closing the browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bastet, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Bastet Win User

CCleaner problem with notification.

I don't know how long this has been going on but I no longer receive the notification that CCleaner has finished cleaning after closing the browser (Edge or IE), it appears that cookies aren't being automatically cleaned either.
    Someone on the Piriform forum said it could be MalwareBytes as the cause but I've exited that software & it is still the same.
    I noticed this after updating CCleaner so uninstalled via Revo Uninstaller & reinstalled the previous version which was the same.
    If I have CCleaner or another program open & choose see previous notification from the right click menu of CCleaner it does pop up the notification so I'm stumped as to the cause.
    All settings are correct within CCleaner.
    I am running MBAM premium & WD.
    Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

:)

Bastet, Jun 30, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 30, 2018
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Jun 30, 2018
  4. CCleaner problem with notification.

ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

CCleaner problem with notification.

1. CCleaner problem with notification. - Similar Threads - CCleaner problem notification

2. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  3. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  4. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  6. Problem with CCleaner

Problem with CCleaner: Whenever I use ccleaner is erases all of my bookmarked saved sign-ins. Is there a way I can use ccleaner and not erase all of my saved sign-ins? [Original Title: cccleaner]...
  7. Problems with Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Ccleaner: With Ccleaner, it's saying the software is not updated each time I go to update. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Also, it says an application (I think Microsoft SmartScreen) isn't working due to my internet connection not being connected. My Wi-Fi network is connected to...
  8. CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems

CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems: I have used CCleaner for years now on Windows XP, 7 and 8 OK, but on Windows 10, CCleaner does not do anything. I have the trash bin full of files, but CCleaner does not find anything to delete. I upgraded this laptop from 7 to 10. After that CCleaner does not clean anything....
  9. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  10. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ccleaner notifications