Windows 10: Ccleaner question

Discus and support Ccleaner question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a Windows Vista question, but I'm sure someone here will have the answer. I've been using CCleaner on my Win10 laptop, but just added it to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fred22, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Ccleaner question

This is a Windows Vista question, but I'm sure someone here will have the answer. I've been using CCleaner on my Win10 laptop, but just added it to my Vista desktop, which is shared by my wife and myself. Do I need to run this app on both mine and hers, or does running it on mine (administrator) clean the entire computer?

:)

Fred22, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

any help finding and removing these files?

To be honest CCleaner found them, have you contacted CCleaner support to assist in your question!!!!!!

Why not let CCleaner remove them?

Shilohbob, Aug 9, 2016
  3. windows defender

Unsure what your question is...

Guess this might help:

Do you use CCleaner?

If so: The default CCleaner settings are deleting the log that tells Windows Defender when it did the last scan, and this would then result in a notification such as Windows Defender needs to scan your computer.

Try unchecking Windows Defender in CCleaner.

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

Ccleaner question

If I'm correct you can use it on the administrator account to clean both, but I think here is a better place to ask.

Dropbox, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Only Pro version supports cleaning all user profiles, so yes, you need to run it in both profiles.

TairikuOkami, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Fred22 Win User
    Is the same true for the free version of MBAM?

Fred22, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Dropbox Win User
    The Free Version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can scan the whole computer, so also other profiles. It only doesn't offer real-time protection.

Dropbox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ccleaner question

1. Ccleaner question - Similar Threads - Ccleaner question

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. ccleaner - office 2019 question

ccleaner - office 2019 question: Hey guys. I did a fresh install windows 10, ccleaner and office 2019 professional plus When I open ccleaner and then click custom clean and click on applications, it says office 2016 not 2019 If someone here has office 2019 pro plus with ccleaner can you kindly open cc and...
  7. Used registry cleaner within CCleaner to try and fix Xbox (beta) issues but have questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used registry cleaner within CCleaner to try and fix Xbox (beta) issues but have questions.: So I (stupidly) used the registry cleaner within CCleaner without doing much research on exactly what that does. I now realize majority of the internet advises against doing that. I have not had any issues at all with my computer since I’ve done it but I’m just wondering if...
  8. Another CCleaner Question...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Another CCleaner Question...: Last week’s CCleaner thread prompted another question, but I didn’t want to hijack that thread (again). I’ve used CCleaner for years across multiple versions of Windows to clean up after various browsers. Other functions I’ve used it is for the Secure Delete and the Free...
  9. CCleaner Question

CCleaner Question: I'm wondering why CCleaner shows it is cleaning IE temporary files when I never use IE? Just curious. Windows 10 Home, version 1607 78861
  10. CCleaner question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CCleaner question: I finally took the free upgrade today and I ran the CCleaner free program and the registry scan came up with a ton of errors. Should I clean them all and use the save the file feature? or just leave it alone? Thanks! *Smile 55144