Windows 10: CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

Discus and support CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by I Used to Be RJB, Mar 2, 2022.

1. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were out of date. The first was "Surface Display" - so I checked in Device Manager, and it says that the version I have is up-to-date. I have 1.0.7.0, CCleaner says the new version is 6.3.139.0... When I Google "Surface Display Driver 6.3.139.0", it takes me to a page to update drivers for a Surface Pro 6 mine is a 5...So I

:)

I Used to Be RJB, Mar 2, 2022

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 2, 2022
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

CCleaner Driver Updater

I scanned for new drivers for my Dell laptop using the CCleaner driver update function. Various updated drivers are found but there is no sign of the recommended drivers via Windows Update, via Dell's web site or via a Google search of trusted sites.

Where does CCleaner get its information from and why doesn't Windows Update find newer drivers if they exist?

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates [​IMG]

Steve C, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

1. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates - Similar Threads - CCleaner Recommends Driver

2. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  3. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  4. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  5. CCleaner update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner update: Once again windows will not allow CCleaner to update. I got it to update eventually by allowing an app. However it is happening again but I cant find the setting to allow it to update....
  6. Ccleaner updates

Ccleaner updates: I saw where a new version of C Cleaner has been released. My C Cleaner (free version) is set to automatically check for updates. Will I be updated to the current version, or do I need to download the new version? 42714
  7. Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended Driver Update Manager (if any)?: I have to maintain five physical computers with an additional four infrequently used test partitions that I select via multi-boot. All Windows 10. I'm interested in a tool that would automatically download (and install?) updated drivers. "Reasonable cost" is OK. Any...
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner removed by updates

Ccleaner removed by updates: On three occasions I have re-installed Ccleaner after it was removed for some reason after an update, has anyone else experienced this? Regards. 32514