Windows 10: CCleaner update

Discus and support CCleaner update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once again windows will not allow CCleaner to update. I got it to update eventually by allowing an app. However it is happening again but I cant find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HampshireHypnotherapy, Mar 5, 2019.

1. CCleaner update

Once again windows will not allow CCleaner to update. I got it to update eventually by allowing an app. However it is happening again but I cant find the setting to allow it to update.

:)

HampshireHypnotherapy, Mar 5, 2019

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 5, 2019
  3. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Mar 5, 2019
  4. OldMike65 Win User

CCleaner update

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

CCleaner update [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

CCleaner update cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

CCleaner update

1. CCleaner update - Similar Threads - CCleaner update

2. BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?: Hi guys, Not sure if anybody's gotten this and fixed it or if they could help me out with this though I've tried most of the options suggested. Not much of a tech person so I'm not good at this stuff but I'm currently unable to boot into windows 11 after a trial installation...
  3. BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs after installation and running of CCleaner driver updater - can anybody help?: Hi guys, Not sure if anybody's gotten this and fixed it or if they could help me out with this though I've tried most of the options suggested. Not much of a tech person so I'm not good at this stuff but I'm currently unable to boot into windows 11 after a trial installation...
  4. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  5. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  6. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. CCleaner Update Triggers Attack Surface Reduction Rule

CCleaner Update Triggers Attack Surface Reduction Rule: The update to v5.75.8238, CCleaner64.exe triggers an Attack Surface Reduction rule: Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem (lsass.exe) Rule GUID: 9E6C4E1F-7D60-472F-BA1A-A39EF669E4B2 You won't notice it unless you happen to have ASR in...
  8. why has Defender blocked an update of CCleaner (free)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why has Defender blocked an update of CCleaner (free)?: I have v.5.62 of CCleaner (free). I had a message just now from Piriform that an update was available so I clicked to install it. There was then a message that Microsoft Defender had blocked it. The message was only there for a second or two so I had no time to take a...
  9. Windows update failed (issue since CCleaner reg clean) (0x80070006)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update failed (issue since CCleaner reg clean) (0x80070006): Hello Folks, Win10 64bit I used CCleaner to perform a registry clean. This was just housekeeping rather than necessity - I will avoid any unnecessary registry fiddling in the future. I have an error notification on the taskbar notification tray saying my device is...
  10. Ccleaner updates

Ccleaner updates: I saw where a new version of C Cleaner has been released. My C Cleaner (free version) is set to automatically check for updates. Will I be updated to the current version, or do I need to download the new version? 42714