Windows 10: ccleaner

Discus and support ccleaner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is ccleaner safe to use in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/e10cd1d5-9bc2-49cd-9f54-26d1b831f6c0" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TimWelch2, Dec 25, 2019.

1. TimWelch2 Win User

ccleaner

is ccleaner safe to use in windows 10

:)

TimWelch2, Dec 25, 2019

2. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Dec 25, 2019
  3. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Dec 25, 2019
  4. OldMike65 Win User

ccleaner

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

ccleaner [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

ccleaner cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

ccleaner

1. ccleaner - Similar Threads - ccleaner

2. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  3. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  4. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  5. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  8. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

10. Is CCleaner safe or effective?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CCleaner safe or effective?: I have been using CCleaner for a while now. However recently I have heard that it is not safe or effective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ccleaner-safe-or-effective/1a8fa485-f1be-4d47-9bfb-b9694b3cc7d6