Windows 10: CCleaner

Discus and support CCleaner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cerawy, May 2, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

CCleaner

What is you guys opinion on this program?

I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think, is ccleaner worth it?

Solution: I went with Wise Care instead.

:)

Cerawy, May 2, 2017

2. CCleaner

Then you should check with them.

IJustHelping, May 2, 2017
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    CCleaner

Thanks for bringing that to my attn., Pa Bear. I should have known, since I'm nearing the end of my 14-day trial!

CarolLJ, May 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

CCleaner

Uncleaner is free and better

Samuria, May 2, 2017
  5. I would have never have bought it , ithe free version works as well as it always has. Wise has a disk cleaner that is free but you have to be very careful with it.

Josey Wales, May 2, 2017
  6. I consider CCleaner as a browser cleaner, as for system, it is very careful, I like it that way. *Smile
    There is not much to improve, it does, what it is supposed to do, they do not add junk like others.
    If you want it to clean more, you can use either of those, but they always messed up my Windows.

CCEnhancer - SingularLabs or Downloads - Winapp2.com

I can not imagine Windows without it. If I could, I would buy it, just to support them.

TairikuOkami, May 2, 2017
  7. DooGie Win User
    I agree with Samurai. The free version has all you should need, I've tried the Pro version but found that I was still only using the functions that are available in the free version.
    As for cleaning Cerawy, I don't think it's changed a lot from older versions although with the frequent updates to Windows 10 it may have a bit of catching up to do.

DooGie, May 2, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

CCleaner

Ccleaner is like a petrol chainsaw. In the hands of an expert, you can cut down massive trees in Canada safely. In the hands of a lesser experienced person, you can inadvertently emulate the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Really not needed these days. Use disk cleanup regularly and patchcleaner now and then and you will get 90+% of benefit safely.

cereberus, May 3, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    CCleaner, I have removed this. Too trivial to bother with now.
    I had found the new versions intrusive anyway and doing nothing worthwhile. Complete waste of people's time.

Helmut, May 3, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, May 3, 2017
  11. TairikuOkami, May 3, 2017
  12. I've used Ccleaner for many years and have absolutely no complaints or issues with it. Just this year I bought the Pro version more to give Piriform some money for the years of good service than any other reason. I agree with what others have said, the Free version is all you really need. Pro's main "features" are the automatic update and browser cleaning both of which I can live without. I think it does a good job for what I need it for and its relatively light on my system and has NEVER screwed my machines up.

So, to answer your original question, Yes I think Ccleaner is worth it as far as the free version is concerned. You really don't need the Pro unless like me you just want to donate to the developers.

indianacarnie, May 3, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

CCleaner

See my reply in post #6.

cereberus, May 3, 2017
  14. Steve C Win User
    Adwcleaner kept finding issues with Wise on 3 PCs so I uninstalled Wise.

Steve C, May 3, 2017
  15. CountMike New Member
    I'm using it for long time now, ever since W8. After a lot of file deletion and moves there's a lot of garbage left over and occasionally it removes 100s of MB. Same after new builds and Disk Cleanup.

CountMike, May 3, 2017
Thema:

CCleaner

1. CCleaner - Similar Threads - CCleaner

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  7. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  8. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  10. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...