Windows 10: CCleaner?

Discus and support CCleaner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, I only got a Chrome adware thingy.. so not sure why some get Advast ? either way it could be worse like nags and stuff - when that comes I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anaron, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Superfly Win User

CCleaner?

Well, I only got a Chrome adware thingy.. so not sure why some get Advast ? either way it could be worse like nags and stuff - when that comes I'll switch to portable if still around.

Superfly, Nov 16, 2017
  2. dencal Win User

Windows Defender on the Insider version does not like Wise Disk Cleaner....from their own official site!

dencal, Nov 17, 2017
  3. swarfega Win User
    hmm I'll have to try that.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Ivan4you Win User

CCleaner?

Ivan4you, Nov 17, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Nov 17, 2017
  6. It works fine on the CU.

Josey Wales, Nov 17, 2017
  7. lol thanks for reminding me about unchecky. i downloaded it the other day for my roommate, cause he's always missing those boxes.

EDIT: ok once more into the breach

xXWhackerXx, Nov 17, 2017
  8. CCleaner?

TairikuOkami, Nov 17, 2017
  9. well after some extensive testing here i can tell you not all downloads for ccleaner have avast in them. i just reinstalled 5.37, did a registry using both regedit and registryfinder and nothing, also search window using both windows search and cortana nothing found. so the issue i mentioned in my other thread doesn't just have to do with avast. seems to be a bug in ccleaner itself.

10. dencal Win User
    Have you installed Unchecky?.....did you customise CCleaner? ......both could give a clean installation.

Also I believe in your particular case Bitdefender allowed some Avast files to be installed before realising it was trying to replace itself.....two AV,s on same computer can cause problems
    Blocking by Bitdefender was done too late to prevent malfunction occurring on your computer.

dencal, Nov 17, 2017
  11. clam1952 Win User
    I think, though I'm not sure, if you have Avast you wont get the offer and if you had at some point Avast and there are remnants left somewhere, probably the registry you wont get it either. I got the box on this PC which has never had avast on it, but did not on another PC that used to have Avast before I consigned it to the trash bin.

Yep, just had a look at the registry, still got some Avast entries lurking.

clam1952, Nov 17, 2017
  12. neither bitdefender or malwarebytes blocked anything, cause both are completely set to manual. when i download anything it goes to one folder and from there it gets manually scanned by me before i install or use the item. with that said i chose not to scan cc 5.3.7 either time i downloaded it to see what i could find with a system and registry search. yes cc is breaking one or more items, but i am beginning to think that not in all cases does it have to do with avast. as for win disk cleaner i'll be sticking with cc 5.36. WDC is just a little too thorough, and no clean browser on exit feature that i could see.

13. anaron Win User

CCleaner?

Exactly what I did. Put 536 back on with no avast.

Just did a direct download thru Pirform instead of going thru FileHippo as I normally do.
    The direct download had a different ad for avast - Install light, powerful, free antivirus.
    The portable version is clean.

Ron

anaron, Nov 17, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    A very useful free app for finding or knowing what unwanted files and folders are installed on your computer.....its called Search Everything.....link below......in this particular case search for Avast.
    Best to use the admin version which makes it possible to remove the majority of them, by clicking on Open Path to find their source.
    Particularly obstinate ones can be removed by following the path address.

voidtools

dencal, Nov 17, 2017
  15. It will probably only take Avast a few months to totally stuff up CCleaner, so it is best to be looking for alternatives.
    I am surprised Wise Disk Cleaner doesn't allow the user to selectively exclude certain cookies from deletion.

The Doctor, Nov 18, 2017
Thema:

CCleaner?

1. CCleaner? - Similar Threads - CCleaner

2. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  3. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  4. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  5. CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff

CCleaner stops me from downloading stuff: From one of my disks I've tried to download stuff it comes up with error saying "You don't have perms to download/save to this file" Its not exactly what it says but yeah. Ever since I downloaded it. It had stopped me downloading stuff....
  6. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  7. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  8. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  10. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...