Windows 10: CD burner won't work

Discus and support CD burner won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I'm trying to burn a CD and keep getting an error message that Windows7 is no longer supported and I need to upgrade to Windows11. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatGreen2022, Feb 23, 2022.

1. CD burner won't work

HI, I'm trying to burn a CD and keep getting an error message that Windows7 is no longer supported and I need to upgrade to Windows11. I have a Windows10 laptop. My questions- Do I have to purchase a new laptop in order to upgrade to Windows11? Can the current burner be upgraded? Another error message stated that the core processor does not meet the requirements for Windows 11. Please help. I am not tech savvy when it comes to the inner workings of the computer so please make your answers plain and simple. Thanks

:)

PatGreen2022, Feb 23, 2022

2. External CD player/burner

I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn (Connect a burner and restart the player). I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working.

Joanne2020, Feb 23, 2022
  3. insstalling cd burner

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Which application is he using to burn CD?

• What exactly he meant by Lost CD Burner? Any error message?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 23, 2022
  4. CD burner won't work

CD burner ???

I just tried to burn a cd from iTunes and I received the message disc burner or software not found. Also to my surprise the drive wont even open. This isn't good. Any suggestions?

Thanks

notinstock(2), Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

CD burner won't work

1. CD burner won't work - Similar Threads - burner won't

2. Windows 11- Plextor PX-LB950UE blu-ray Burner not showing up in File Explorer nor device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- Plextor PX-LB950UE blu-ray Burner not showing up in File Explorer nor device...: I take it in danish.Jeg kan slet ikke finde min blu-ray brænder.Den er tilsluttet via USB 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-plextor-px-lb950ue-blu-ray-burner-not/9374e650-2325-4237-979d-a7ebcf17d861
  3. Windows 11- Plextor PX-LB950UE blu-ray Burner not showing up in File Explorer nor device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- Plextor PX-LB950UE blu-ray Burner not showing up in File Explorer nor device...: I take it in danish.Jeg kan slet ikke finde min blu-ray brænder.Den er tilsluttet via USB 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-plextor-px-lb950ue-blu-ray-burner-not/9374e650-2325-4237-979d-a7ebcf17d861
  4. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?: Windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom as an image burner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-only-recognizes-my-in-unit-cd-dvd-rom/aca95b8b-ddbb-461e-bce9-61ee39066b92
  5. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?: Windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom as an image burner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-only-recognizes-my-in-unit-cd-dvd-rom/aca95b8b-ddbb-461e-bce9-61ee39066b92
  6. windows only recognizes my in unit CD-DVD rom drive as an image burner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...

Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND...: Now I am getting the following message from Windows Media Player. CONNECT A BURNER AND RESTART PLAYER???? I cannot locate my DVD/CD DRIVE / BURNER nor is it being detected? I looked at all the inquires and none of it helped. I want to talk to a live person. Please....
  8. CD burner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD burner won't work: HI, I'm trying to burn a CD and keep getting an error message that Windows7 is no longer supported and I need to upgrade to Windows11. I have a Windows10 laptop. My questions- Do I have to purchase a new laptop in order to upgrade to Windows11? Can the current burner be...
  9. CD burner won't work

CD burner won't work: HI, I'm trying to burn a CD and keep getting an error message that Windows7 is no longer supported and I need to upgrade to Windows11. I have a Windows10 laptop. My questions- Do I have to purchase a new laptop in order to upgrade to Windows11? Can the current burner be...
  10. DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. The problem I have originally ocurred when my computer was running windows 7. I upgraded to windows 10 hoping that would fix the problem ,but it did not. I have two DVD drives on the computer the original that...