Windows 10: cd burning

Discus and support cd burning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, anybody out there that can help? I have an asus laptop and I have just bought an external cd/dvd player/burner as my main objective with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SvenRed6eard, Jul 4, 2020.

1. cd burning

Hello, anybody out there that can help? I have an asus laptop and I have just bought an external cd/dvd player/burner as my main objective with this hardware is to burn WAV files to a CD-R. I am on Windows 10. In WMP I have gone through the burn process- and WMP says that the burning process completes and the CD drive whirrs up to speed etc but when I eject the CD it is not hot as no burning has actually taken place even though WMP says it has done so. Yes, I am putting blank CD-Rs in and I have also tried several other burning software apps with the same result. The drive is not faulty; it will play CDs, DVDs and install software a game on DVD ROM. Why do all the media softwares that I have used, including WMP, say that a burn has been completed but no actual burn has taken place?

Any answers or advice would be much appreciated.

PS the same thing has happened to me on a PC in the public library so I am pretty sure it is not my laptop or external drive that is the issue, it must be something to do with Windows 10 OS??

Many thanks to anyone who replies.

:)

SvenRed6eard, Jul 4, 2020

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jul 4, 2020
  4. cd burning

Burning on a CD

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you burn an audio CD, Windows Media Player makes temporary copies of the WMA and MP3 files in your burn list, converts the copies to another format (known as PCM), and then saves the converted copies to the disc. Here's
    how to burn an audio CD:

I suggest you to refer the article on Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player below,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Anupkarkal1709, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

cd burning

1. cd burning - Similar Threads - burning

2. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  3. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  4. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  5. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  6. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

7. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  8. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  9. viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago

viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago: the question I have is how do I retrieve them in a format using an app that lets me scroll them and can still enjoy these photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-cds-that-have-been-transfer-to-them-using/4d9936ee-334a-4a71-a466-e453c6611784
  10. viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    viewing CDs that have been transfer to them using a burning app more then a decade ago: the question I have is how do I retrieve them in a format using an app that lets me scroll them and can still enjoy these photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-cds-that-have-been-transfer-to-them-using/4d9936ee-334a-4a71-a466-e453c6611784