Windows 10: CD Disk stuck

Discus and support CD Disk stuck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CD lodged in modem slot./ How can I extract it? Tried shutting down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by archiesmom89, Jul 6, 2019.

1. CD Disk stuck

CD lodged in modem slot./ How can I extract it? Tried shutting down.

:)

archiesmom89, Jul 6, 2019

2. The best way to clean CD?

For Disk Scratches, i suggest going to Play N Trade if one is in your town, but to clean a Disk, either CD Doctor or a CD Cleaner/Repair unit, or Paper Towel with Alcohol.

eidairaman1, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Jul 6, 2019
  4. CD Disk stuck

Disk

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to play a CD? Please send us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried using other disks to check if you're having the same issue?
    • What application are you using to play CDs?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

CD Disk stuck

1. CD Disk stuck - Similar Threads - Disk stuck

2. Build 26058 Stuck on Searching for Disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 26058 Stuck on Searching for Disks: When trying to install it gets stuck on searching for disks and never finds anything, waited over an hour ?Any Ideas ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-26058-stuck-on-searching-for-disks/c6b8e7c5-e243-4d4b-a9d7-db3a60b191cb
  3. Build 26058 Stuck on Searching for Disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build 26058 Stuck on Searching for Disks: When trying to install it gets stuck on searching for disks and never finds anything, waited over an hour ?Any Ideas ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-26058-stuck-on-searching-for-disks/c6b8e7c5-e243-4d4b-a9d7-db3a60b191cb
  4. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  5. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.: I've tried all the steps. the trouble shooter the sfc /scannow the softerware distrubtion deletion folder/ etc and even though it eventually goes away when a new windows update occurs I have to go through the whole process all over Its annoying. what can I do?...
  6. I been stuck at windows update disk clean up for years now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. disk usage at 100% when I started comp. Today, computer is almost unusable. Reset got stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk usage at 100% when I started comp. Today, computer is almost unusable. Reset got stuck...: I started my computer today and disk usage was at 100% for no reason, no prosseses were using that much or added up to that much. It has stated that way and computer is essentially unusable. I tried to reset while saving my files but it got stuck at 11% the entire night, that...
  8. disk usage at 100% when I started comp. Today, computer is almost unusable. Reset got stuck...

disk usage at 100% when I started comp. Today, computer is almost unusable. Reset got stuck...: I started my computer today and disk usage was at 100% for no reason, no prosseses were using that much or added up to that much. It has stated that way and computer is essentially unusable. I tried to reset while saving my files but it got stuck at 11% the entire night, that...
  9. can not delete zip file after it stuck because my disk didn't have space, now it got stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete zip file after it stuck because my disk didn't have space, now it got stuck...: i wanted to compress a folder so i can uplod it online but after completion it didn't finish and got stuck because i didn't had enough space in my computer disk, now it wont delete, and i can't locate a file path...
  10. can not delete zip file after it stuck because my disk didn't have space, now it got stuck...

can not delete zip file after it stuck because my disk didn't have space, now it got stuck...: i wanted to compress a folder so i can uplod it online but after completion it didn't finish and got stuck because i didn't had enough space in my computer disk, now it wont delete, and i can't locate a file path...