Windows 10: CD Drive changes into local disk

Discus and support CD Drive changes into local disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by himanshu440, Apr 5, 2021.

1. CD Drive changes into local disk

hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem . CD Drive  changes into local disk de89996f-220a-49e4-8c9d-92b433906345?upload=true.png

:)

himanshu440, Apr 5, 2021

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 5, 2021
  4. CD Drive changes into local disk

Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive

Basically what the title says. I don't know why or how this happened, but my local disk (dCD Drive  changes into local disk :) turned into a cd drive (dCD Drive  changes into local disk :). I can't access anything in it now. When I click it I get the message "please insert a disk into cd drive (dCD Drive  changes into local disk :)". I have too many important
    projects in that drive. I really need it back

NicholasTheMorim, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

CD Drive changes into local disk

1. CD Drive changes into local disk - Similar Threads - Drive changes local

2. CD ROM changes into local disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD ROM changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  3. CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon

CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  4. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  5. Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive: So I accidentally selected my SSD that I wanted to have for boot purposes as the Local Disk C and want to change the Local Disk C to a HDD I also have installed. How would I achieve this? Thanks for the help in advance! submitted by /u/KingAlain_ [link] [comments]...
  6. My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.: somehow it automatically changed while I did nothing. It chnaged to a random application name. How can i resolve this problem and some antivirus to stop these things from happening would be very helpful ....
  7. Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive

Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive: Basically what the title says. I don't know why or how this happened, but my local disk (d:) turned into a cd drive (d:). I can't access anything in it now. When I click it I get the message "please insert a disk into cd drive (d:)". I have too many important projects in that...
  8. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive: I can't open a drive that appears to be a local disk (H:) in This PC. I get a message, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." If I click Continue, I get, "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need...
  9. cd or disk drive opening

cd or disk drive opening: Hi please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-or-disk-drive-opening/ac469bb3-3565-4ac5-a022-e3b07321b002
  10. Unknown Local Disk drive

Unknown Local Disk drive: I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What can this F drive be...