Windows 10: CD drive (D) is stuck closed

Discus and support CD drive (D) is stuck closed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My cd drive:D is stuck closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-d-is-stuck-closed/97af1d92-a910-4184-9a4d-a2e57966a609 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bruffb, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Bruffb Win User

CD drive (D) is stuck closed

My cd driveCD drive (D) is stuck closed :D is stuck closed

:)

Bruffb, Nov 7, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Shaymoses Win User
    CD recognition on drive D.

fouund nothing but thanks anyway. will try new cd's and NERO program... esn

Shaymoses, Nov 7, 2018
  4. CD drive (D) is stuck closed

CD recognition on drive D.

Hello,

There are various reasons why a CD or DVD drive is not detected. As an initial troubleshooting step,
    I suggest that you use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
    3. In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    4. Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

CD drive (D) is stuck closed

1. CD drive (D) is stuck closed - Similar Threads - drive stuck closed

2. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  3. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  4. CD stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD stuck: Hello, I put a CD in my windows 10! and It was put in correct but some how when I tried to get the CD. It did not come! I think it stuck. Also the driver comes out but with the CD! Please Help! :...
  5. D and E drives are not playing my image CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D and E drives are not playing my image CD: My PC appears not to do anything with my image CDs after inserting them into the drives. On my OLD PC there was no problem, the media player created a slide show from previous photo/image discs and displayed it on my PC. I clicked directly onto the disc drive icon, it...
  6. CD drive

CD drive: All of a sudden now when I put a disc (finished, with instructions and pictures that came with a program) I get a message: "How do you want to use this disc?" with a space for a title and a choice of "like a USB flash drive" and "with a CD/DVD player (with option to burn...
  7. Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive

Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive: Basically what the title says. I don't know why or how this happened, but my local disk (d:) turned into a cd drive (d:). I can't access anything in it now. When I click it I get the message "please insert a disk into cd drive (d:)". I have too many important projects in that...
  8. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  9. CD drive

CD drive: My cd drive will not burn. Error message 0xC0AA0301 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive/7264a897-ad1f-4077-8ad2-a2428eeefd71
  10. CD Dive (D:)

CD Dive (D:): my HP Laptop (Probook) by default doesn't have a CD Rom installed but when I click on computer I see the CD Drive (D:) icon there. please why is so and what can I do to remove it?[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd drive stuck closed

2. cd drive stuck closed windows 10