Windows 10: CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer

Discus and support CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK once again 4 times in as many months I have had blank screen a badge a message that says its going to scan and user password noit workin this after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by georgebailey5, Jun 11, 2019.

1. CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer

OK once again 4 times in as many months I have had blank screen a badge a message that says its going to scan and user password noit workin this after microsoft win 10 updates Brand new thre days old laptop up dates and then same happens locked out of machine? Have to wipe hard drive and piggy back operating system to get it to work? nothing wroing with laptop or functioning after two weeks of finding drivees Now up dates have been om had loads of trouble and find DVD now not working appears in bios take out put in caddy onto laptop works fine? all I need is for you to stop mucking about with updates that destroy my work lock me out and tell me why my HL-DTR-ST DVD DRAM GH24NSD0AT is dead in water un installed took it out rebboted shut gown put back in and still not working but seen in bios and if hirens tools searches

***Original title: OK once again 4 times in as many months I have had blank screen after updates now DVD is in but not working nor seen***

:)

georgebailey5, Jun 11, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 11, 2019
  3. mpeill Win User
    CD drive missing from File Explorer

I'm trying to burn an audio CD yet the application doesn't recognise any CD drive. Checking further, the CD drive is not listed in File Explorer until a CD media is inserted that holds valid data. The drive disappears when the media is ejected.
    Under view options, the box is unticked for "hide empty drives".
    Under device manager the drive shows as present and working normally.
    I have tried switching autoplay on and off with no effect (suggested as a fix elsewhere).
    Any ideas?

mpeill, Jun 11, 2019
  4. mpeill Win User

CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer

CD drive missing from File Explorer

Ok, tried that, but it didn't solve the problem. The command above was executed successfully, but still no CD drive on reboot, see drives list below from explorer:

CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer [​IMG]

mpeill, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer

1. CD Drive detected in BIOS but not File Explorer - Similar Threads - Drive detected BIOS

2. Cd drive not detected in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd drive not detected in windows 11: How do I get Windows 11 to detect my CD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-detected-in-windows-11/bee64f4e-1981-446c-b7de-88fb47f0666c
  3. Cd drive not detected in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd drive not detected in windows 11: How do I get Windows 11 to detect my CD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-detected-in-windows-11/bee64f4e-1981-446c-b7de-88fb47f0666c
  4. Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Detects Drives BIOS Not: Yesterday Windows 11 would not detect a SSD. I reinstalled Windows from install media on a flash drive. Windows 11 Explorer did not recognize the drive and Disk Management did. Disk Management allowed me to rename the drive letter, but wouldn't allow several choices. Ever...
  5. no cd\dvd in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  6. cd not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd not detected: Win 10 not detecting cd drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-not-detected/8ec12b4d-0e17-4af6-a2db-2c07456c20a0
  7. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  8. Optical Drive is not Recognized in File Explorer or Bios

Optical Drive is not Recognized in File Explorer or Bios: My optical drive is not recognized in File Explorer or Bios after Windows Update. I am pretty confident this is due to the windows update. FYI, Dell support tool says drivers up to date....
  9. CD drive missing from File Explorer

CD drive missing from File Explorer: I'm trying to burn an audio CD yet the application doesn't recognise any CD drive. Checking further, the CD drive is not listed in File Explorer until a CD media is inserted that holds valid data. The drive disappears when the media is ejected. Under view options, the box is...
  10. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...