Windows 10: CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10

Discus and support CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope someone can help me. After I installed an old version of the Roxie CD creator, my CD Drive disappears from "This PC" and the yellow triangle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blue Height, Feb 19, 2021.

1. CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10

I hope someone can help me. After I installed an old version of the Roxie CD creator, my CD Drive disappears from "This PC" and the yellow triangle with the code 52 is shown in the CD Rom in my computer's Device Manager. I tried to update the driver but Windows said my driver was up to date. I uninstalled the device and had the same issue after I rebooted my computer. Under the driver details, there were three driver files. Two of them were not digitally signed but I couldn't delete them.

:)

Blue Height, Feb 19, 2021
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Feb 19, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 19, 2021
  4. mpeill Win User

CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10

CD drive missing from File Explorer

I'm trying to burn an audio CD yet the application doesn't recognise any CD drive. Checking further, the CD drive is not listed in File Explorer until a CD media is inserted that holds valid data. The drive disappears when the media is ejected.
    Under view options, the box is unticked for "hide empty drives".
    Under device manager the drive shows as present and working normally.
    I have tried switching autoplay on and off with no effect (suggested as a fix elsewhere).
    Any ideas?

mpeill, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10

1. CD Drive Disappeared in Window 10 - Similar Threads - Drive Disappeared Window

2. CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM disappeared in Windows 10: About a month ago, I received the "blue screen of death," so I had to reinstall Windows 10. About two weeks after reinstalling, I noticed my CD-ROM drive has disappeared from File Explorer. It also does not appear in Device Manager. I have checked the BIOS boot sequence, and...
  3. CD drive is not working in Windows 10

CD drive is not working in Windows 10: You believe that I will open something so that I can read the dvd of my pc, in which I see the icon I see the drives but it does not work although I have changed the cd to another one and I have eliminated the cd dvd ron in the system. Open someone who really knows what...
  4. Windows 10 Drive disappear.

Windows 10 Drive disappear.: Hello, I am presently using WIndows 10 and using HP Laptop. I have partitioned my laptop to one more drive ' W '. So, we have total C, Recovery and W drives in my laptop. Few days back, I noticed that W drive disappeared. I have opened the Disk Management and saw W drive...
  5. CD drive

CD drive: All of a sudden now when I put a disc (finished, with instructions and pictures that came with a program) I get a message: "How do you want to use this disc?" with a space for a title and a choice of "like a USB flash drive" and "with a CD/DVD player (with option to burn...
  6. cd drive disappeared?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cd drive disappeared?: why not showing my cd drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive/14035128-2cfa-4d92-b885-719d70ed95e6
  7. CD drive

CD drive: My cd drive will not burn. Error message 0xC0AA0301 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive/7264a897-ad1f-4077-8ad2-a2428eeefd71
  8. Windows 10 CD drive

Windows 10 CD drive: My cd dvd drive is recognized in my computer but doesn't recognize discs inserted in drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cd-drive/4580f804-a898-4a44-b373-faec321337ed
  9. Windows 10 Drive Disappear

Windows 10 Drive Disappear: When I log into Windows, I can see all of my drives: My boot SSD (C), my primary Storage (D), Secondary Storage (E), and DVD/CD RW (F). Around 10 or so minutes later, if even, the DVD drive disappears from "This PC" and anywhere else where you can access it (Disk...
  10. Windows 10 CD Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CD Drive: I am installing Windows 10 through USB and creating two partitions. C and D, but after installation is finished, C remains the same, but D becomes E and USB drive becomes D. I have to make second partition as D drive after installation as I have to move user profile from C...