Windows 10: CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message

Discus and support CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ..when try to eject the drive it showing an error message[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UTTAM GUHA, Jan 1, 2019.

1. CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message

..when try to eject the drive it showing an error message CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message 45fc3edf-40c8-4dfc-afe0-674c20566efe?upload=true.png CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message a15bde87-66dd-4632-870d-d059ba3b5721?upload=true.png CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message e84ad2ac-119e-406a-b0b9-399655a72ae5?upload=true.png

:)

UTTAM GUHA, Jan 1, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 1, 2019
  3. can not eject CD

Here are two popular methods:

• You press the Eject button on the CD tray.
    • You launch Windows Explorer, then right-click drive E: (assuming that this is your CD drive). This lets you left-click the
      Eject command.

Frederik Long, Jan 1, 2019
  4. itsover65 Win User

CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message

CD drive error

I was trying to install dead space on my computer, and the CD drive is not listed under my computer. Upon looking in device manager I can see that the drive has an error, and windows says it's driver related. I have no idea what to do from here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.*Toast :toast:

CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message cd%20drive.jpg

itsover65, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message

1. CD drive (E:) appears out of nowhere...when try to eject the drive it showing an error message - Similar Threads - drive appears nowhere

2. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  3. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  4. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD Drive not ejecting: Hi,I've a CD drive on my cpu however whenever I click on open Cd drive in File Explorer I can hear some small sound from cpu but the CD Drive never ejected.Any solutions?...
  5. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Drive not ejecting: Hi,I've a CD drive on my cpu however whenever I click on open Cd drive in File Explorer I can hear some small sound from cpu but the CD Drive never ejected.Any solutions?...
  6. CD Drive not ejecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  8. CD drive keep ejecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    CD drive keep ejecting: Hi, My CD drive can't read cd and keep ejecting. Anyone out there have a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-keep-ejecting/df671ff4-c734-4971-a66f-642a7f778a2f
  9. Showing eject of the internal drives

Showing eject of the internal drives: Yesterday I tried to convert the SATA options from IDE to AHIC I searched over the internet and found that I can't directly change those options and I need a windows registry fix to do it, so I did that and changed the SATA option from IDE to AHIC At boot up I got an error...
  10. CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD

CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD: So, as soon as I boot my computer, any CD on the drive will work normally. If I eject and try to put any other CD or the same CD, it stops working. It only works one time, until I reboot. Tried all the fixes, going to the registry and deleting and adding stuff, pasting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cd drive (E:)