Windows 10: Cd drive is automatically opening

Discus and support Cd drive is automatically opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop's CD drive is automatically opening and I tried every hing like scanned for viruseslooking for unusual app installs or tasks running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by navaneeth25, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Cd drive is automatically opening

My laptop's CD drive is automatically opening and I tried every hing like scanned for viruseslooking for unusual app installs or tasks running in background, but the problem is still onplease respond quickly

:)

navaneeth25, Nov 27, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cd drive is automatically opening

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Cd drive is automatically opening

1. Cd drive is automatically opening - Similar Threads - drive automatically opening

2. Cd drive is automatically opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd drive is automatically opening: My laptop's CD drive is automatically opening and I tried every hing like scanned for viruseslooking for unusual app installs or tasks running in background, but the problem is still onplease respond quickly...
  3. I/O Magic CD Drive not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I/O Magic CD Drive not opening: Hello, About 3-4 years ago I bought an I/O Magic USB CD Drive and wanted to use it yesterday, however when I plugged it in and pressed the eject button, nothing happened, I could hear it trying to push out the tray, but eventually it gave up. When I use a paper clip to pull...
  4. internal cd/dvd drive won't open

internal cd/dvd drive won't open: Lenova Ideacentre A340-221GM internal cd/dvd drive will not open. It's light comes on and it tries to open but cannot. is this a Windows 10 Home incompatibility? can't seem to find the right answer, just get the run-around....
  5. CD drive

CD drive: All of a sudden now when I put a disc (finished, with instructions and pictures that came with a program) I get a message: "How do you want to use this disc?" with a space for a title and a choice of "like a USB flash drive" and "with a CD/DVD player (with option to burn...
  6. open a cd

open a cd: how do I open a cd on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-cd/0c45778f-dbb7-4bcb-8841-24b0a7e9a1c8
  7. cd or disk drive opening

cd or disk drive opening: Hi please assist on how to open a disk drive on Lenovo window 10 laptop * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-or-disk-drive-opening/ac469bb3-3565-4ac5-a022-e3b07321b002
  8. When to open CD drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When to open CD drive?: I'm in the process of upgrading 10 to build 10586. At what point should I open the CD drive, before the first restart? THanks 46069
  9. CD/DvD drive opening on its own

CD/DvD drive opening on its own: Since i installed windows 10 my cd/dvd drive has been opening on its own. Any suggestions? 30381
  10. Opening CD's

Opening CD's: I'm trying to install my favorite games but when I put in a CD on my laptop nothing happens. How can I get them to open with Windows 10? 25049