Windows 10: CD drive is not working properly

Discus and support CD drive is not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to load a shop manual. I load the disk into the drive it reads part of the disk, askes a question, I answer, the drive starts working then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulHafele, Apr 16, 2020.

1. CD drive is not working properly

I am trying to load a shop manual. I load the disk into the drive it reads part of the disk, askes a question, I answer, the drive starts working then hangs. I have to go to task manager to close the window. The cd is good, works on a windows 7 machine. The drive is good it plays music and movies. I have the latest driver installed. any suggestions? Thaks

:)

PaulHafele, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Cd drive is stop working.

Hi Netrom,

There is a possibility that this is a problem with the CD/DVD drive driver. To properly troubleshoot the problem, kindly verify the following:

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    CD drive not working

Hi Harold,

It is possible that your CD drive is outdated or has compatibility issues if you happen to install a recent update on your computer. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following details:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What were the changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What version of Windows 10 are you using? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, select the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs support article.

Important note:
    This article contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before
    you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Apr 16, 2020
  4. shardz Win User

CD drive is not working properly

CD Drive not working

yeah, it is, it goes through the intital formating that takes like an hour, just fine...but the part after the mandatory comp restart where it has all the phrases like The best Windows yet..then after it asks for m cd key..about 1 min later it says i need info from my windows cd and it cant find my cd drive...but the odd part is--i looked in my bios and my cd drive is listed as slave..

shardz, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

CD drive is not working properly

1. CD drive is not working properly - Similar Threads - drive working properly

2. sound drive not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound drive not working properly: sound drive not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-drive-not-working-properly/97167081-d64b-4485-95ed-21d1f28c2145
  3. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD / DVD drive is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD drive is not working properly: My CD-ROM/ DVD hardware drive is opening automatically when PC is power on. Please help me to stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd-drive-is-not-working-properly/f8ff3be7-0e8e-4926-8fd7-fac065e0764b
  6. CD/DVD Drive not working properly

CD/DVD Drive not working properly: So, I got a new empty CD and I wanted to record something on it. When I insert the CD in my CD/DVD drive it starts to make some noise. I can hear it start and then, after a few seconds, it just stops. It doesn't autoplay the CD like it usually does. When I check to see if the...
  7. CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING: I have an Acer laptop and used the cd drive very frequently, ripping cds. The drive has stopped working. Cannot open the tray and the drive is not recognized in the settings. Suggestions? Thank you....
  8. cd drive not working

cd drive not working: cd's not playing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-working/7051da43-95d8-41ea-8139-51ce1140ae39
  9. CD drive not working

CD drive not working: Hi, for some unknown reason my CD drive is not responding at all.... I am running windows 10, previously I have had no problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-drive-not-working/c65bebfb-3a11-4f17-ad31-e55f369f293d
  10. CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD

CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD: So, as soon as I boot my computer, any CD on the drive will work normally. If I eject and try to put any other CD or the same CD, it stops working. It only works one time, until I reboot. Tried all the fixes, going to the registry and deleting and adding stuff, pasting...