Windows 10: CD Drive keeps disconnecting

Discus and support CD Drive keeps disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my CD drive. The Drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222 AL. Windows appears to keep disconnecting it. Windows will play the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RegularLogic, Jan 1, 2020.

1. CD Drive keeps disconnecting

Hello,

I have an issue with my CD drive. The Drive is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222 AL.

Windows appears to keep disconnecting it. Windows will play the "Device Disconnected" sound, and the drive will dissapear. I have repeatedly checked the connections, and the drive is powered, and functions.

Once it has disconnected I have to unplug it from the motherboard and then reconnect into another port. It will continue to work correctly, but will disconnect later.

I have tried updating the driver whilst it is connected and working properly, but this doesn't work. Windows driver, or manufacturer driver, neither seem to prevent this device from disconnecting.
    Renaming the drive does not work, I've been through a whole bunch of letters to assign to it, none of them make a difference.
    Device Manager lists it as disconnected.
    Power saving options are disabled.
    My anti-virus is ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
    This issue persists through restarting.

I regularly use windows update.

My motherboard is a GA-H67MA-D2H-B3.

I would like very much not to have to power off my computer, get down on my hands and knees, disconnect everything from it, unscrew my side panel, disconnect and then reconnect the cables, and then do everything I just stated in reverse, in order to use something connected to my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RegularLogic, Jan 1, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 1, 2020
  3. CD rom disconnected

My Cd drive is listed in device manager as disconnected, code 45

Laptop Hp envy

Wondows 10

GrahamFulton, Jan 1, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

CD Drive keeps disconnecting

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

CD Drive keeps disconnecting

1. CD Drive keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Drive keeps disconnecting

2. Drive keeps getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive keeps getting disconnected: I have a new Dell XPS 8950 that has several issues. One of these is that one of my drives often disconnects and I cannot access any of the data. This is a drive specifically for my photographs. Some times while working on a photo within an app, I go to save some edits and I...
  3. Drive keeps getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive keeps getting disconnected: I have a new Dell XPS 8950 that has several issues. One of these is that one of my drives often disconnects and I cannot access any of the data. This is a drive specifically for my photographs. Some times while working on a photo within an app, I go to save some edits and I...
  4. CD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Drive: Have a new Dell laptop with CD driver on the right side. Can't find a button to open it. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive/06845c00-171d-422a-b573-96c51e8d3246
  5. Hard Drives Keep Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard Drives Keep Disconnecting: [ATTACH] Hello guys, I just connected eight 10 TB hard drives to my PC through USB 3.1. I am using the Mediasonic 8 bay enclosure found here. It's connected to the PC running Windows 10 on Asus' Z370 motherboard. When I'm copying files to the drives (3 or 4 copy...
  6. Drive Letter for CD keeps changing

Drive Letter for CD keeps changing: Hello --- I just noticed that eadh time I restart my laptop, drive letter for the CD reverts back to E: --- I then reset it to my prefered letter V: -- This seems to happen each time I restart my computer -- is there a way I can make this change permanent?...
  7. CD drive

CD drive: All of a sudden now when I put a disc (finished, with instructions and pictures that came with a program) I get a message: "How do you want to use this disc?" with a space for a title and a choice of "like a USB flash drive" and "with a CD/DVD player (with option to burn...
  8. CD drive

CD drive: I've got Windows 10, Why can't I download from a CD? I bought a new printer. They gave me a CD with Drivers on it. I put it in and nothing happens! Windows 8 always did it. I really DIS-LIKE this Windows 10. I'm not to bright when it comes to computers. Wish I had left 8 on...
  9. CD drive

CD drive: My cd drive will not burn. Error message 0xC0AA0301 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive/7264a897-ad1f-4077-8ad2-a2428eeefd71
  10. CD drive keep ejecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    CD drive keep ejecting: Hi, My CD drive can't read cd and keep ejecting. Anyone out there have a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-keep-ejecting/df671ff4-c734-4971-a66f-642a7f778a2f