Windows 10: CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well.

Discus and support CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My CD drive is with that problem from a long time, But works great in CD boot mode, but in normal boot I need to push my CD drive more in for it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abdulrahman Haytham, Oct 18, 2020.

1. CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well.

My CD drive is with that problem from a long time, But works great in CD boot mode, but in normal boot I need to push my CD drive more in for it to read, I need to keep my finger and when I leave it it stops scanning and says there is no CD.

I need to burn an iso.

:)

Abdulrahman Haytham, Oct 18, 2020
  2. seanj8434 Win User

Cannot get my CD Drive to read CD's

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my CD Drive will not read my music CD's or DVD's. I have tried every solution listed in these forums. In the This PC part on my computer, the drive is showing as DVD RW Drive (D). It worked before the upgrade and now it doesn't.
    I have used all the troubleshooting, registry edits, etc. listed in similar forums but it will not read. I usually use iTunes to burn cds and it will not work with iTunes either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a Dell Inspiron 3520 laptop. Thank
    you

seanj8434, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    CD drive not working

Hi Harold,

It is possible that your CD drive is outdated or has compatibility issues if you happen to install a recent update on your computer. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following details:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What were the changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What version of Windows 10 are you using? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, select the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs support article.

Important note:
    This article contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before
    you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Oct 18, 2020
  4. shardz Win User

CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well.

CD Drive not working

yeah, it is, it goes through the intital formating that takes like an hour, just fine...but the part after the mandatory comp restart where it has all the phrases like The best Windows yet..then after it asks for m cd key..about 1 min later it says i need info from my windows cd and it cant find my cd drive...but the odd part is--i looked in my bios and my cd drive is listed as slave..

shardz, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well.

1. CD Drive needs to be kept pushed in to work, Does not read well. - Similar Threads - Drive needs kept

2. External drives reads as cd player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives reads as cd player: External hard drive is reading as a cd or DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-reads-as-cd-player/60d7ac29-7843-4e50-8269-caed5823f054
  3. External drives reads as cd player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives reads as cd player: External hard drive is reading as a cd or DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-reads-as-cd-player/60d7ac29-7843-4e50-8269-caed5823f054
  4. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  5. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  6. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD ROM Drive does not read a disc: I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1....
  7. CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD drive not reading DVDs: My CD/DVD drive cannot read/write to DVD, yet it reads and writes to CDs! The Device Manages shows that the drive is working normally, yet when I insert a DVD, I get the error message "no media"! I have tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it, but the fault...
  8. CD drive not working

CD drive not working: Hi, for some unknown reason my CD drive is not responding at all.... I am running windows 10, previously I have had no problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-drive-not-working/c65bebfb-3a11-4f17-ad31-e55f369f293d
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...