Windows 10: CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809

Discus and support CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop computer was running perfectly under windows 10 version 1803. Then it updated itself to 1809 and since that upgrade it does not recognise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dalziel63, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dalziel63 Win User

CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809

My desktop computer was running perfectly under windows 10 version 1803. Then it updated itself to 1809 and since that upgrade it does not recognise the CD drive.
    I rolled back to 1803 but now it still does not detect the CD drive. (It did before the 1809 upgrade!)
    The sata cd drive is fine. It can boot up from CDs with no problems. It is only since windows 10 upgrade that the problems arises.

I have trolled the internet for a soluton and have already tried the following several times:

Solution 1. Show hidden (Unhide) CD/DVD Devices in Windows 10
    Solution 2. Uninstall IDE ATA/ ATAPI Controllers
    Solution 3. Update or reinstall CD/DVD Driver
    Solution 4. Fix CD/DVD Drive Missing by Command Prompt
    Solution 5. Fix Corrupted Registry Entries
    Solution 6. Create a Registry Subkey

1. Checked Device Manager and shown hidden devices.

2. ATA Ch.0 or 1 doesn't exist under IDE/ATAPI, so nothing to delete there.
    Similarly no Upper or Lower filters to delete in registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

There are no virtual drive software to remove.
    BIOS/UEFI dettings are fine and drive recognised there, so booting from CD drive no problem.

3. From a Command prompt (admin) run this registry key (reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001)

4. Edited the registry to add the key Controller0 with DWORD (32-bit) EnumDevice1 and set its value to 1, to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi'.

Oddly enough on one rare occasion the Cd drive showed up as drive F and I used it ot erase an RW DVD successfully. But the next start up it was not detected again or since.

Oh yes, I even did a clean install of win 10 but still no joy. Very frustrating.
    Thanks for any help.

Den

:)

Dalziel63, Mar 10, 2019

2. CD/DVD drive (ECD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809 :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 10, 2019
  3. cd drive not detecting

cd drive is not detecting in my laptop nd that too after entering into os nd im using win 10

Nirmalkumar2698, Mar 10, 2019
  4. CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809

Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809

1. CD Drive not detected after updating win 10 to 1809 - Similar Threads - Drive detected updating

2. Cd drive not detected in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd drive not detected in windows 11: How do I get Windows 11 to detect my CD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-detected-in-windows-11/bee64f4e-1981-446c-b7de-88fb47f0666c
  3. Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Explorer glitch after 1809 update.: Hey all. Hopefully someone can help as I've reached the end of kmy knowledge. Computer auto updated to latest version and since it updated I have had an unusable computer. In standard mode the screen flashes repeatedly and none of the icons / start bar respond. It...
  4. Win 10 Update 1809 not detecting CDDVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Update 1809 not detecting CDDVD drive: Hi Since updating my desktopvto 1809 (unknowingly!) windows only very rarely detects my CDDVD drive. Did a roll back to 1803 but now even that doesnot detect theCD drive. Have tried various internet suggested solutions without success.*Banghead Edited the registry for Atapi,...
  5. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  6. Windows 10 update 1809 not detected

Windows 10 update 1809 not detected: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro current version 1803. Windows Update is unable to detect any 1809 update and shows all update installed. Windows 10 Update Assistant also says I have "the latest" version. Windows Media Tool however, says the language/version isn't supported...
  7. iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809

iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809: [ATTACH] After updating Win 10 to 1809, iTunes no longer loads with this error message. Any solutions? Not long lectures as though I have a PhD in Computer Programming!...
  8. Win 10 update 1809

Win 10 update 1809: Printer (wifi) will not print. I troubleshooted, reconnected printer with wifi. Error printing. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-1809/99efbbf6-1d7a-4d11-86c6-d1fc3e8d6c43
  9. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...
  10. CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!

CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!: Hello guys! I'm having a problem here. I manually upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and it isn't detecting my cd/dvd rom. [img] My system specifications are as follows; FX 6350, 2x4gb ram, gtx 760, gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12251

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 cd dvd

2. does microsoft refresh drivers after updating to win 1809 ?