Windows 10: cd drive not working hp envy phoenix

Discus and support cd drive not working hp envy phoenix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cd drive not working hp envy phoenix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mauricio camposano, Aug 15, 2022.

1. cd drive not working hp envy phoenix

cd drive not working hp envy phoenix

:)

mauricio camposano, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Charl1122 Win User
    HP Envy 23 DVD Drive no longer working

Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 on my HP Envy 23 D116a and the DVD drive is not working.

It shows up in device manager as hp dvd a ds8a9sh, the driver is just a cd-rom driver though, I have tried updating the driver, deleting the driver and restarting.

When any disc is put in it does not show up in the drives list in file explorer.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks

Charl1122, Aug 15, 2022
  4. aakkam22 Win User

HP Envy 5530 scanner not working

Some tips:

• When trying to scan from a computer, what is displayed on the printer?

• Try making a copy of something from the printer itself. If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the printer itself. Contact HP Support for that. However, if it works, then it is a software issue.

• Does the support guide for your printer have any instructions on resetting the printer, such as unplugging it?

See this thread on the HP Support Forums:

HP Envy 5530 will not scan - HP Support Forum

aakkam22, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. cd drive not working hp envy phoenix - Similar Threads - drive working envy

2. cd drive not working hp envy phoenix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd drive not working hp envy phoenix: cd drive not working hp envy phoenix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-working-hp-envy-phoenix/31800dd1-2180-4a69-a45c-bf068c8a2de2
  3. cd drive not working hp envy phoenix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd drive not working hp envy phoenix: cd drive not working hp envy phoenix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-working-hp-envy-phoenix/31800dd1-2180-4a69-a45c-bf068c8a2de2
  4. HP envy hdmi output not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP envy hdmi output not working: The hdmi output for my hp all in one envy is not working and i already went through all the troubleshooting options and even used different hdmi cables but nothing seems to work...
  5. HP Envy - Pen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy - Pen not working: I have had my HP envy laptop going on 1.5 years now, and have rarely every had any problems. When I got it, it came with a pen/stylus that I have been frequently using. However, it has randomly stopped working and I cannot get it to work anymore. I have tried changing the...
  6. HP Envy - Pen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy - Pen not working: I have had my HP envy laptop going on 1.5 years now, and have rarely every had any problems. When I got it, it came with a pen/stylus that I have been frequently using. However, it has randomly stopped working and I cannot get it to work anymore. I have tried changing the...
  7. Vertical cd tray on HP Envy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vertical cd tray on HP Envy: I have an HP Envy with windows 10. I want to insert a cd and can't figure out how to get the cd tray to open. The tray is vertical on this machine. I can open the "drawer" but have no idea how to get the tray to open. How do I get this thing to open so I can insert a cd?...
  8. HP ENVY

HP ENVY: Camera app is not working error message not attached, ive never had a problem with it until today cannot find under device manager! Also my voice recorder app is not working, I can hear music just fine but when I try to record my voice nothing is going through. I have tried...
  9. Camera not working on hp Envy

Camera not working on hp Envy: I am not able to use my camera. I have searched for it and it just says it can't be found. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-hp-envy/faf7209e-2673-473c-9200-388843cdc836
  10. HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem

HP envy 17 cd/dvd burner problem: I have Windows 10 home on my laptop and my cd/dvd burner cant update or work and HP are not helpful and I have unistlled it and reinstalled it with the same problem every time [ATTACH]...