Windows 10: CD drive problem

Discus and support CD drive problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My cd drive will not burn cds since the last update. I can play cds on the drive and load them onto windows media or Itunes, but cannot burn cds from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SukiSueRod, Apr 8, 2021.

1. CD drive problem

My cd drive will not burn cds since the last update. I can play cds on the drive and load them onto windows media or Itunes, but cannot burn cds from the music stored on the pc. Have tried to download latest drivers, but system tells me I already have the latest version. Help

:)

SukiSueRod, Apr 8, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Apr 8, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Marie Ave Win User

CD drive problem

CD drive not working

Hi Harold,

It is possible that your CD drive is outdated or has compatibility issues if you happen to install a recent update on your computer. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following details:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What were the changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What version of Windows 10 are you using? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, select the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs support article.

Important note:
    This article contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before
    you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

CD drive problem

1. CD drive problem - Similar Threads - drive problem

2. Nero problems caused my DVD-RW drive not burning CDs, "could not perform start of disc-at-once"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nero problems caused my DVD-RW drive not burning CDs, "could not perform start of disc-at-once": Hello all, I recently updated Nero 18 to an automatic update and now I can't burn CDs, I get the error "could not perform start of disc-at-once" and the CD is untouched. I don't know what the problem is. I have two computers, and the other computer had the same problem. I...
  3. Problems with Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Recovery Drive: So, Ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive so I can replace my HDD. But whenever I try and create it, the window is stuck on "please wait" for over 30 minutes its been like this. But this isnt the actual recovery creation. Its the window that gives me a prompt on which...
  4. USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem

USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem: [ATTACH] Hi guys. I have a problem. When I insert a 2 TB Usb Drive into my laptop, my laptop detects it but it doesn't recognize it and I check in disk management and it says no media. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. D-Drive Problem.

D-Drive Problem.: My second drive (the D*Biggrinrive) is running but it doesn't show in any of the file explorer files and nothing happens when I try to restart my pc in order to get it back. I got this message before: 'D is not accessible.' 176939
  6. D-Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    D-Drive Problem.: My second drive (the D*Biggrinrive) is running but it doesn't show in any of the file explorer files and nothing happens when I try to restart my pc in order to get it back. I got this message before: 'D is not accessible.' 176939
  7. Really strange "can't initialize drive" problem. Can anyone think of anything to help?

Really strange "can't initialize drive" problem. Can anyone think of anything to help?: Hello All This is pretty much the oddest thing I have ever seen. My friend is having the same problem on two different computers with Windows 10 Pro. She has tried cloning the C:Drives to new Samsung SSD drives, using two different drives and two different Sabrent USB...
  8. Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing games on non SSD drive causes problems: This is a kind of 2 in 1, but they are pretty similar as far as I know So I've tried to install 2 separate games Superhot: MCD and DOOM Eternal on my D drive. Sometimes I'll get an error code 0x87e0000f at a random time during download. Other times where they do download...
  9. Problems with c drive restrictions.

Problems with c drive restrictions.: I was doing everything as usual until one day I got a problem. For some reason half of my games couldn't be saved others wouldn't be even able to launch. I found out that this is happening because they cant use documents folder which means that they are blocked by computer...
  10. Hard Drive Problems

Hard Drive Problems: I'm having some hard drive problems, in which the drive has high usage activity. This also causes the computer to hang for a minute and then resume. At this time the hard disk activity light is not flashing. My system is a dual boot where Windows 10 20H1 and Ubuntu 20.10...