Windows 10: CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

Discus and support CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop and used the cd drive very frequently, ripping cds. The drive has stopped working. Cannot open the tray and the drive is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyStephens1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

I have an Acer laptop and used the cd drive very frequently, ripping cds. The drive has stopped working. Cannot open the tray and the drive is not recognized in the settings. Suggestions? Thank you.

:)

DannyStephens1, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Cd drive is stop working.

Hi Netrom,

There is a possibility that this is a problem with the CD/DVD drive driver. To properly troubleshoot the problem, kindly verify the following:

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Oct 18, 2019
  3. kazza248 Win User
    cd/dvd drive stopped working

hello, finally got to try all of this and it still wont work, i have a feeling it might be the drive, but its only 11 months old

kazza248, Oct 18, 2019
  4. shardz Win User

CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

CD Drive not working

yeah, it is, it goes through the intital formating that takes like an hour, just fine...but the part after the mandatory comp restart where it has all the phrases like The best Windows yet..then after it asks for m cd key..about 1 min later it says i need info from my windows cd and it cant find my cd drive...but the odd part is--i looked in my bios and my cd drive is listed as slave..

shardz, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

1. CD DRIVE STOPPED WORKING - Similar Threads - DRIVE STOPPED WORKING

2. CD Burner stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD Burner stopped working: My cd burner stopped copying cds for me recently. I keep getting this message: "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  3. CD Burner stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Burner stopped working: My cd burner stopped copying cds for me recently. I keep getting this message: "Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current task to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the...
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eject a CD or DVD and the drive "stops": Hi, I have both an internal SATA DVD drive on my PC and an external USB DVD drive. I started with just the internal, inserted a disk and it behaved as normal. When I had finished with the first disk I pressed the eject button on the drive and the disk ejected, I inserted the...
  7. CD drive is not working properly

CD drive is not working properly: I am trying to load a shop manual. I load the disk into the drive it reads part of the disk, askes a question, I answer, the drive starts working then hangs. I have to go to task manager to close the window. The cd is good, works on a windows 7 machine. The drive is good it...
  8. cd drive not working

cd drive not working: cd's not playing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-not-working/7051da43-95d8-41ea-8139-51ce1140ae39
  9. CD drive not working

CD drive not working: Hi, for some unknown reason my CD drive is not responding at all.... I am running windows 10, previously I have had no problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-drive-not-working/c65bebfb-3a11-4f17-ad31-e55f369f293d
  10. CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD

CD Drive stops working after ejecting CD: So, as soon as I boot my computer, any CD on the drive will work normally. If I eject and try to put any other CD or the same CD, it stops working. It only works one time, until I reboot. Tried all the fixes, going to the registry and deleting and adding stuff, pasting...