Windows 10: CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

Discus and support CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had windows 10 installed on my computer for quite some time and all hardware and devices were working fine. After the latest windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KevinThomas1, Feb 14, 2019.

1. CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

I have had windows 10 installed on my computer for quite some time and all hardware and devices were working fine. After the latest windows 10 update my DVD Drive is no longer reading CD's . Every time I put in cd in the Drive it ejects it out and a pop up states to insert disk in drive. I have tried various Music CD'S and Movie DVD'S as well as data CD'S and I keep getting the same problem

(( it ejects it out and a pop up states to insert disk in drive ))

:)

KevinThomas1, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Problem with TSScorp DVDWBD TS-LB23A CD/Bluray disk drive on Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 10

Hi, Matt.

If your CD and DVD drive cannot be read by your Windows, we suggest checking this
    article for more troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. As for the
    list of updated drivers, we suggest checking it on your device manufacturer's website.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Feb 14, 2019
  4. CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

CD/DVD Player Not Reading CD or DVD Disks

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

1. Press “Windows key + X”.

2. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

3. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

4. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

5. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to uninstall and install the network adapter drivers as below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Also, see:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.

Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, follow
    the steps to do the same:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type regedit in the run box.
    • Locate and click the key or subkey that you want to back up.
    • Click the File menu, and then click Export.
    • In the Save in box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the
      File name box.
    • Click Save.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update

1. CD Drive will not read disks after the Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Drive read disks

2. External drives reads as cd player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives reads as cd player: External hard drive is reading as a cd or DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drives-reads-as-cd-player/60d7ac29-7843-4e50-8269-caed5823f054
  3. USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB CD / DVD drive keeps ejecting disks - won't read: I've tried every thing I've found while searching, so maybe someone has a new idea... I have Surface Pro 4 with docking station. The DVD drive is LG AP70NS50. Same behavior whether connected to dock or directly to the Surface's USB port. Inserting disk will spin up, but...
  4. Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation disk not being read by disk drive.: Im trying to install windows 10 onto my pc which doesnt have an opperating system at the moment. I have a windows 10 disk that i’ve been trying to use to install windows 10 onto it. Whenever I put the disk into the drive, it doesn’t recognize the disk. I can boot the pc using...
  5. Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows (10) can't read disk in drive ...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/l2ofghk512p41.png?width=361&format=png&auto=webp&s=5f1143880e7d11fa0fb147ee26db698fb12e04b5 Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver, ran all the latest updates, etc., but I can't get rid of this...
  6. DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10

DVD/CD DRIVE NOT READING MY DVD AFTER UPDATING LAST UPDATE OF WINDOW 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no Problems,When I push the button to open the cd/dvd drive it opens,but the disk does not spin every troubleshoot says there is no problem, , and the app associated with the disk just says "Please Insert Disk"... Under Explorer,...
  7. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  8. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading. 2. when I click to dvd drive , appears a dialoge box stating "Insert Disk" . So I am unable to use and cd to read/install any of my software. Also I have...
  9. My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade

My cd/dvd drive has stoped reading disks after windows 10 upgrade: my issue is that the drive is installed it dose not show errors at all. But when in 'this computer' it dose not show in the list on the side but it dose show in the main window. when a disk is place in the drive. it spins but dose nothing. I now have this issue with all 4...
  10. DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks

DVD/CD SATA drive not reading disks: Since upgrading my SATA DVD/CD RW will not work. I insert a disk the light come on showing it is reading and than the drive opens and the pop up box appears stating "Insert Disk" . So I cannot install any of my software. I have read that a lot of people are having the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 cd drive just flashing

2. the cd drive light feeps flashing when cd in drive windows 10 2019