Windows 10: cd drive

Discus and support cd drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is my dc drive playing disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cd-drive/3f5a52f2-ee71-4e80-af96-fc0466ccd6fe Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TeriGreen, Sep 9, 2018.

1. TeriGreen Win User

cd drive

Why is my dc drive playing disc?

:)

TeriGreen, Sep 9, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Sep 9, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

cd drive

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

cd drive

1. cd drive - Similar Threads - drive

2. Map Network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  3. Uninitiated CD/DVD Drive activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninitiated CD/DVD Drive activity: On an unattended, active Desktop (connected to internet), a CD I keep in a DVD/CD drive to perform data file backups for a personal financial application (Quicken) begins to furiously process against the drive. It is a RW drive, but the CD is periodically written to only by...
  4. dvd/cd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd/cd drive: I recently change from a tower and separate screen I was on windows 7 this laptop which is ACER Aspire E15 was when new windows was Windows 8 and was updated just before 10 was launched when it, a free update this laptop as a built in DVD/CD drive but it won't even open...
  5. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...
  6. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer: Why has Microsoft not created a fix for this common problem with an update? There seem to be a huge number of people who have this problem and there was no clear answer from Microsoft in the closed thread on how to fix this issue. Personally I do not want to be editing the...
  7. How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...: How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left[ATTACH] side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-of-my-hard-drives-listed-on-the/b3ac26a5-648d-4ddd-83dd-c93137f3c916
  8. Hard Drive Access is denied issue.

Hard Drive Access is denied issue.: first its giving error ( F:\ is not accessible the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable ) i try this cmd (chkdsk /f f:) https://windowsreport.com/access-is-denied-windows-10/ and now i'm getting new error (Access is denied) i changed its Owners permissions and my...
  9. Generic Audio Drive

Generic Audio Drive: How to fix Generic Audio Driver problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-drive/fe28fc30-d0f0-41f3-8ce5-892474a1abd1
  10. How to reformat my internal storage drive?

How to reformat my internal storage drive?: I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions. BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made...