Windows 10: CD driver is not detecting

Discus and support CD driver is not detecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My windows 10 OS is having a problem of not detecting any cd or DVD in the CD driver. Earlier it was not happening with windows 7 ultimate edition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RasmaShaikh, Mar 14, 2020.

1. CD driver is not detecting

My windows 10 OS is having a problem of not detecting any cd or DVD in the CD driver. Earlier it was not happening with windows 7 ultimate edition. Please give me solution to fix this problem.

:)

RasmaShaikh, Mar 14, 2020

2. cd drive not detecting cds anymore

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

This might have occurred due to corrupted DVD\CD-ROM driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Let us try to run Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us try to uninstall the DVD\CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 2: Uninstall and Reinstall DVD\CD-ROM Driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives.

• Right click on the driver select
      Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 3: Install the DVD\CD-ROM driver from the manufacturer’s website.

I suggest you to install the latest DVD\CD-ROM driver from the computer manufacturer website.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Also, see: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry.

Refer: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the staus, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 14, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive (ECD driver is not detecting :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. CD driver is not detecting

how do I change the default CD burning device in Windows 10

Hi Darren,

There are several factors that could cause the issue. We would like to ask these following questions to know more about the issue:

• Is your computer detecting your external CD drive in Device and drivers?
    • Did you check Device Manager to see if its being detected there?

We suggest you check Device and drivers and Device Manager if its being detected by your computer. You can refer to the following steps to know how you can check it:

• To check in Device and drivers:

• From the Start menu, type This PC, then hit the
      Enter key.
    • A window will appear with the Device and drivers.
    • Check your external CD driver if its listed in this option.

• To check in Device Manager:

• From the Start menu, type Device Manager, then hit the
      Enter key.
    • A window will appear with a list of your drivers installed on your PC.
    • Look for DVD/CD-ROM drivers from the list.
    • Click the DVD/CD-ROM drivers to expand and check install drivers.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

CD driver is not detecting

1. CD driver is not detecting - Similar Threads - driver detecting

2. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  3. Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not detected, tried updating and uninstalling drivers: I have a lenovo x1 carbon but my battery is not detected so whenever I have my laptop unplugged from the charger, it doesn't turn on. I've uninstalled the battery driver, updated it, updated my laptop but nothing works....
  4. Dell laptop doesn't detect jack mic when plugged in. Realtek drivers, MaxxAudio. With solution.

Dell laptop doesn't detect jack mic when plugged in. Realtek drivers, MaxxAudio. With solution.: I'm posting this as a new question with answer as all the other similar questions were closed for additional comments & solutions.Go through those first for Windows-related issues such as microphone privacy, app-specific control, etc.I'm on a Precision 7540 laptop, but that's...
  5. Dell laptop doesn't detect jack mic when plugged in. Realtek drivers, MaxxAudio. With solution.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell laptop doesn't detect jack mic when plugged in. Realtek drivers, MaxxAudio. With solution.: I'm posting this as a new question with answer as all the other similar questions were closed for additional comments & solutions.Go through those first for Windows-related issues such as microphone privacy, app-specific control, etc.I'm on a Precision 7540 laptop, but that's...
  6. Dell laptop doesn't detect jack mic when plugged in. Realtek drivers, MaxxAudio. With solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver-detected-in-troubleshoot/7c8dcf2e-08db-4e5f-9e3a-e4eefd0600a3
  8. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot: I did a troubleshoot scan on my audio driver and i got the generic audio driver issue detected, so i went to my device manager and uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver-detected-in-troubleshoot/7c8dcf2e-08db-4e5f-9e3a-e4eefd0600a3
  9. Generic Audio Driver "detected" in troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...