Windows 10: Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

Discus and support Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The CD / DVD drive is recognized by the device manager, yet I can not load any cd's or DVD's It just does nothing. And when I click on the device and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rien Weststrate, May 27, 2024.

1. Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

The CD / DVD drive is recognized by the device manager, yet I can not load any cd's or DVD's It just does nothing. And when I click on the device and it asks to insert a Cd or DVD nothing happens. I also tried an external Cd/ DVD drive and the same happens. I have tried to uninstall the device and reboot and when rebooting was done it installed the device driver but the same happens. Is there something else I need to do in order to get this working?

:)

Rien Weststrate, May 27, 2024

2. CD/DVD Rom

If your CD/DVD drive is not listed in the Device Manager, it's possible that it is not properly connected to the computer, or it may be a hardware issue. However, it's also possible that the driver for the CD/DVD drive is missing or corrupted.

To reinstall and update the driver, you can follow these steps, you can try downloading and installing a compatible driver for your CD/DVD drive from the manufacturer's website.

However, if your CD/DVD drive is still not working after installing the driver, it's possible that it is a hardware issue, and the drive may need to be replaced.

Yuhao Li - MSFT, May 27, 2024
  3. Joosujin Win User
    CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, May 27, 2024
  4. Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

1. Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's - Similar Threads - DVD Drive does

2. Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's: The CD / DVD drive is recognized by the device manager, yet I can not load any cd's or DVD's It just does nothing. And when I click on the device and it asks to insert a Cd or DVD nothing happens. I also tried an external Cd/ DVD drive and the same happens. I have tried to...
  3. Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd/DVD Drive does not accept any DVD or CD's: The CD / DVD drive is recognized by the device manager, yet I can not load any cd's or DVD's It just does nothing. And when I click on the device and it asks to insert a Cd or DVD nothing happens. I also tried an external Cd/ DVD drive and the same happens. I have tried to...
  4. CD/DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Drive: Cannot get cd/dvd disc drive to be recognised https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2738a7b0-563c-46a3-9a31-8aa6ce8c8e7d
  5. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I can't find the D drive or a cd/dvd drive on my hp laptop running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/1b318ed9-49d2-466a-a7f0-9983b5cec98d
  6. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: although previously working ok, my HP pavilion will not run cd/dvd, I think since Windows 10 updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/2052dead-0253-46dc-a189-ffe263dd0d15
  7. cd/dvd drive

cd/dvd drive: I have a new/used laptop and can't see the files from my cd/dvd drive. Device manager says drive is working properly, but it's not. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-drive/4a1c6a9a-0e94-4804-9a7f-b7f99b2d551a
  8. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  9. CD/DVD Drive

CD/DVD Drive: I am having problems with the CD/DVD Drive on my 5yr old (I think) Sony Vaio Laptop. When I put in a CD or DVD it will spin 3-4 times but will not load. I am using Windows 10 however I think it was working for a while after I got Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling and...
  10. No CD/DVD drive

No CD/DVD drive: After installing Microsofts Windows 10 upgrade I have found that it does not see my CD/DVD drive, I did have this problem once before with Windows 7 but was able to download a program from Microsoft called MrFixit.dvd.exe, when I tried running the software it reported that my...